Pellet Pig Club

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster

Burning Hunk
Jan 21, 2012
Sussex County NJ
What are the qualifications for becoming a proud member of the pellet pig club. :cheese:

chuckster said:
What are the qualifications for becoming a proud member of the pellet pig club. :cheese:

Well your signature is hinting you might be qualified, you have to present an application telling us all about your pellet acquisition activities, you need a minimum of 3 tons on hand at the time of the first frost. The pellets must be hauled by you personally and extra points are given if you used an old beater that survived the ordeal (this requirement is waved for large tonnage which can be delivered). Stars are awarded depending on the type and number of stoves etc .... that you use to burn pellets in to keep warm.

I've heard rumors that the Hogs want to change the tonnage requirement.

In short we want members to show true piggishness.

Usually the Hogs meet via a telepathic conference call in the evening.

Uh OH. Not quite ready to qualify yet. Only two tons on hand and they were acquired after the first frost. :zip:
Chuck

chuckster said:
Uh OH. Not quite ready to qualify yet. Only two tons on hand and they were acquired after the first frost. :zip:
Chuck

We will teach you the ways of the FORCE, young Jedi.

Eric

May the FORCE be with all us veterans
Chuck

SmokeyTheBear said:
chuckster said:

Well your signature is hinting you might be qualified, you have to present an application telling us all about your pellet acquisition activities, you need a minimum of 3 tons on hand at the time of the first frost. The pellets must be hauled by you personally and extra points are given if you used an old beater that survived the ordeal (this requirement is waved for large tonnage which can be delivered). Stars are awarded depending on the type and number of stoves etc .... that you use to burn pellets in to keep warm.

I've heard rumors that the Hogs want to change the tonnage requirement.

In short we want members to show true piggishness.

Usually the Hogs meet via a telepathic conference call in the evening.

with the amount of pellet burners now, and having a feel for average yearly usage

I move to up the required tonnage to 4 tons
and admend the first frost to November 1st

any seconds...............

Just bought my third ton this year. I only have one ton or less on hand at any time. My local supplier of pellets is close and sells 'em for $199/ton. I just don't see the need to keep a lot on hand.

I haul 'em myself.

Dave

I get mine for $200 a ton also and my wife and I haul them ourselves. Being we are both over seventy years old it keeps us in shape. Don't want to become couch potatoes. We have a Toyota FJ Cruiser and haul about 13 bags at a time. It's only a two mile trip so gas isn't a factor. :cheese:
Chuck

chuckster said:

YOu mean haven't Jeff Foxworthy's "You may be a pellet pig if..." routine?

do these requirements need to be in met for a consecutive amount of years, dont forget if everyones a pig the name means nothing

petemal said:
do these requirements need to be in met for a consecutive amount of years, dont forget if everyones a pig the name means nothing

To stay a Pig, it is required yearly. If you dont have the "said" amount of fuel? Then you are No Pig. ;-P

You must meet them. Or demerit points are given and your status could/should be taken away?

A pig is a pig for one reason. Thats why when you become one, its hard to lose the status. Unless you start slippin??? :lol:

I am a pellet pig I have 4 tons in my basement and already burned almost 3 more :)

kinsman stoves said:

Eric

And don't forget the annual dues.....just send me (treasurer) the $50.....er....ah.....make that $75 "initiation fee". I'll make sure that President Eric gets his "cut"....er, I mean his part of the loot.....ah, hmm. I mean money. :coolhmm:

I'm waiting til after it warms up a bit and everyone has their "early buy" spring sale :)

Salty said:
I'm waiting til after it warms up a bit and everyone has their "early buy" spring sale :)

When is this "early buy" spring sale you speak of? The prices for pellets are pretty ridiculous around here (central MA). I still have about 3.5 tons on hand but itching to pick up some more. Are the spring sales worth the wait? Or do the big box stores start marking their pellets down to make room for summer stuff?

Only have two ton on hand........piglet?......maybe?
Wait a minute...... 1 ton are easy heats.....they don't even count.......do they?

imacman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

And don't forget the annual dues.....just send me (treasurer) the $50.....er....ah.....make that $75 "initiation fee". I'll make sure that President Eric gets his "cut"....er, I mean his part of the loot.....ah, hmm. I mean money. :coolhmm:

Damn...Where were you when I wanted in???Smokey wanted $250.00 and a ton of pellets delivered to his crib before he would give me the Membership!!! ;-)

with this sorry excuse for a winter going on right now, the pellets should be cheap as there should be a lot left over in the spring. the wallyworld near my work has a huge pile of pallets of pellets, they are going to want to get rid of them to start stocking for summer in a few weeks

Eatonpcat said:
imacman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Damn...Where were you when I wanted in???Smokey wanted $250.00 and a ton of pellets delivered to his crib before he would give me the Membership!!! ;-)

There is no giving of membership, you have to earn it by moving and stacking those bags, unstacking and moving those bags, then feeding them to the stove while in your case doing the tighty whitey dance.

2.25 tons hauled in the back of my 2004 Silverado with 220,000 miles. Did use a jet sled (pulled by hand) to get them to the daylight basement. Now neatly stacked in the basement. There must be some type of extra credit for a guy that has only had a stove for a month???

Little piggy???

Status
Not open for further replies.