Pellet Pig demerit points

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Referencing another post but not pointing the hoof at anyone.

If it is January and you are worried about your pellet supply or lack of product your Pellet Pig Status will be removed or demerit points will be applied.

Sorry it has come to this but, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

Eric

smoke show said:
This should be good.

Yep... Plan ahead... Keep a good stockpile.
I Brought home another ton of Somersets last week.... Didnt need them.. But the truck was being unloaded when I was there and I'm a sucker for pellets!!

A pig is a pig for one reason. If you run out during season (a mild one at that) , then one cant be a true PIG.

I am not skeeeered.

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]Referencing another post but not pointing the hoof at anyone.

If it is January and you are worried about your pellet supply or lack of product your Pellet Pig Status will be removed or demerit points will be applied.

Sorry it has come to this but, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

Eric

not worried here, might have to be American and gouge some people who did not plan well...................
maybe 300 a ton......
250 delivery............
ah.... the American way

I love stock piling pellets. I even bought a few bags yesterday in Wally World just for the hell of it!

ironpony said:
[email protected][/email]]Referencing another post but not pointing the hoof at anyone.

Eric

not worried here, might have to be American and gouge some people who did not plan well...................
maybe 300 a ton......
250 delivery............
ah.... the American way

I was once told that making a profit is not a crime.

Eric

[email protected][/email]]
ironpony said:

Eric

maybe 300 a ton......
250 delivery............
ah.... the American way

I was once told that making a profit is not a crime.

Eric

only to people who are employees

That's right, in fact I'm pretty sure that's one of the tennants of Capitalism!!! Long live the dollar!!!

I still haven't used a ton yet with 3 plus right behind it. I'll stuff in more ifn I can still find a decent deal.

Your only a pig if your sitting on a hord! ;-)

I've only burned about a ton. 2 more to go! I think I'll make it though. If I need more I'm not too worried about it, there's plenty of supply around here.

First year burning pellets so I'm still not sure how much I'll go through.

Well bag 91 is in the hopper still plenty to go in my stash. Don't plan on doing any shopping real soon room is currently an issue.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Well bag 91 is in the hopper still plenty to go in my stash. Don't plan on doing any shopping real soon room is currently an issue.

Wow. You're almost 50 bags deeper than I am into this year's stash.
I put bag 43 into the P61A this morning...

Im only worried that ive burned 1 ton from this years stash, and maybe 20 bags of leftover from last year. Days over 45 and I shut the stove off.

oldmountvernon said:
Anyone have any extra pellets? i'm running low :)

those hardwood heat are nice I burned a couple ton the first year
if they go on sale here I might pick some up
hate to have less than 20 ton back-up
kind of like Americas strategic oil reserve
Iron's bacon reserve

imacman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
.....room is currently an issue.
Whaddya talkin about???? You got room for 91 bags!!!! :roll:

:lol:

Nope, the first "empty 75 bag" stack slot is full of stuff other than pellets and the stack I'm currently working on has other stuff on top of the pellets.

Stuff just appeared.

DAKSY said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Wow. You're almost 50 bags deeper than I am into this year's stash.
I put bag 43 into the P61A this morning...

I finally got things to the point I was going to stat the stove but that will wait until the I'm done hacking up cold crud. It sure has been nice and warm here (in the house) this fall. Even at this rate I likely won't come anywhere near what I used last year.

How many tons or bags do I need to be sitting on to apply for Pellet Pig Club status? Would another ton qualify me? If that's the case, I'll pick up another ton of Barefoots tomorrow!

hotdawg said:
How many tons or bags do I need to be sitting on to apply for Pellet Pig Club status? Would another ton qualify me? If that's the case, I'll pick up another ton of Barefoots tomorrow!

Three ton before first frost. Small amounts must be self hauled large amounts can be delivered but you have to stack them.

You need to apply and show signs of true piggishness. The pigs may ask for clarification of items on your application.

Isn't there also a qualification that the vehicle hauling the pellets must be at least fifteen years old and have rust. I'm only remembering this from threads past. I would never list my stash to many moochers and thieves about.

Status
Not open for further replies.