Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Just a suggestion and can be voted for at the next meeting. I think we will adopt a voting policy such as the nextel fireman's commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6DORwBzuA

Just so we got the requirements down in writing. Feel free to add or comment on the minimum requirements

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

Thanks for your support
Eric

Sounds good to me....do we need a discussion, or do I hear a second?

OK I have 4 tons since sept of 08....I have a 1988 gmc c3500 tbi with an 8ft aluminum utility body on it with a 3"x3"x3/8" steel home made rack atop....gets about 8mpg downhill with the wind at its back.

where do I fit in membership

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) “cash and carry” your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

I see you only have one of the second set of requirements.

Please clarify.

Eric

oh ya I forgot to add..I have only 1 stove.....but I havent bought oil since march of 08 and ran out in May ....

There you go, details.

Welcome aboard.

Eric

Looking at the checklist I think I'm a 3 star member --

a) 2 stoves
b) 6+ tons in the basement since mid-June
c) I haul all my pellets on my own box trailer, one ton at a time. Don't know whether or not my Jeep wrangler qualifies as a gas hog or not.

My name is Liter of Cola, and I'm a pellet pig.

The first step to addressing any problem is admitting that you have one.

mtalea said:
oh ya I forgot to add..I have only 1 stove.....but I havent bought oil since march of 08 and ran out in May ....

There ya go....you may place your membership info in the signature space at the bottom

"I'm a proud member of the Pellet Pig Club OINK OINK"
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Pooba - Pellet Pig Club

Is there a Pellet Pig Police Force?

We are our own Police
Got trim the fat of Government any way you can

Eric

I want to be a pellet pig, I can't find anymore for $5 or less a bag.

slls said:

LMAO- you get honorable mention for trying..

Does buying 20 tons with with 2 of your neighbors count for anything?

NOT cash and carry though, for the obvious reasons.

I submit my application as I qualify for the Bronze, silver and Gold star. I hope to qualify for the Platinum level when My transition is complete with the installation of my 3rd and forth stove. My current third stove is a woodstove insert. In total at the end I will have 5. 4 being pellet and 1 wood..

Wahooo, I'm in!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go
roll around in my pellets like a true piglet should! :p

slls said:

Bad planning on your part does not make an emergency on my part.

Eric

And the post that started it all and I quote the following:

How’s Your Tonnage?? Subscribe to this thread
eernest4 Posted: 17 October 2008 07:32 AM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 45 ]

Fire Honor Society

ct
Total Posts: 481
Joined 2007-10-22 No wonder there is a pellet shortage here in new england with all you pellet pigs
hording 4 ton 5 ton and 8 ton stashes.

I spent all afternoon & 1/4 tank of gas going to 4 stores just to hear sorry we are all sold out & we dont know when we are going to get any more or what the price will be when we do. And I was only planning on buying 15 or 20 bags.

You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves.

I have 1/2 ton of assorted pellets, twenty five bags, 15 of which were left over from the ton I bought last winter & 10 bags that i bought this year.

Its a good thing that I have 4 cords of fire wood split ,stored & seasoned or else I would be in big trouble. I am just going to have to run my secondary burn wood stove a lot more & my pellet stove infrequently to make up for all the pellet hogs overstocking & hoarding the pellet supply.

Signature
I;m no expert,just a knowledgeable amateur.But,I’m Close to an expert,as he lives just next door!
wood stove primary heat 12.0cu.ft.FireBox- 1/4 plate steel,1970’s. 150k-btu.DIY converted to secondary burn technoligy,by me!
summersheat M#50-snc30lc @ lowes 1/2 price sale,$476.oo-2000 sq ft,3.5 ft FireBox& sec.air .
Pellet stove secondary heat, pel-pro 50kbtu pelletstove.--2hp,4ton elect spliter,22 ton huskee splitter.Chain saws 4 gas ,4 electric.4’x8’ trailer,3 woodsheds.free

I think I'm in. 4 tons picked up one at a time in may and June stacked neatly on 2 skids in the attached garage. Cash and carried with my F150. I think that qualifies me for a silver and bronze star. My plan was to pick up 8 more( 2 for this year and 6 for next) in february and March when the market is saturated and prices drop. I'm pissed I didn't buy 6 tons last March when the box stores were cleaning up @$160/ton. Wish I would have known better. Doubt well see those prices again.

Must have

c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

I have 6 tons...... I cash and carried them all with my sons..... My truck is a Mazda B2500 (27 mpg highway) but I also have a Benz SUV (20 mpg if I'm lucky so it is a pig)! I guess I qualify........

Attachments

• pp.bmp
    398.5 KB · Views: 2,075
I present my case to the pellet pig elders:

3.2 tons , since first of sept., picked up all but 1, stove company delivered it w/stove. Picked up others with Trailblazer EXT, and Chevy 4x4 short bed, 1 Harman XXV, like to have another if someone wants to trade one for a vent free LP corner fireplace. planning on going to pick up some Ozark Pellets in the next week or so.

Am I in?, Am I in? Am I in? Am I in?

After reading the requirements I must qualify as a pellet pig.

1) 14 ton purchased in March ~ April

A) Harman PB 105 boiler (expect to burn 10 ~ 11 ton)
B) Will puchase another 9~10 ton more in March 2009
C) Cash and carried every single ton in my Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.