Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivanhoe- Welcome to the Club...... Please add this to your Signature.

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK!!
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club!

Just so we got the requirements down in writing. Feel free to add or comment on the minimum requirements

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

Thanks for your support
Eric

Respectively, I am submitting my application for Pellet Pig.

I believe I more than meet the requirements.

I have two pellet stoves, as seen in my signature: Harmon P38 & Harmon P68. I will provide pictures if need be.

I have 7 tons of pellets in my cellar, that I hand stacked, see pictures:
DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

I don't have a truck, but I have two gas hog "Griswold" mobiles, used for cash and carry:
DSC_0940.jpg

thank you for your consideration

Tom C.

I have two pellet stoves, as seen in my signature: Harmon P38 & Harmon P68. I will provide pictures if need be.

I have 7 tons of pellets in my cellar, that I hand stacked,

Tom C.

Tom as far as I'm concerned you are one of the big pigs! You got my vote!

Dex, imacman, STB or Eric what do ya say?

Holy chit! 2 woody roadmonsters in the same driveway! Tom your a rare breed! You got my vote!

Reactions: The Ds
Tom, That should be enough to grant you the blessing! You are in! ;)

Welcome to the Club...... Please add this to your Signature.

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK!!
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club!

I am humbled by this honor!

Tom

Reactions: DexterDay
Holy chit! 2 woody roadmonsters in the same driveway! Tom your a rare breed! You got my vote!

smoke show, you are correct, I am a rare breed. My wife calls it a dinosaur.

Most sported a de-tuned LT1? Didnt they?

That is correct, they are great cars (my toys) wife is not fond of them. She has her own car. 20 to 25 MPG to boot!

tom

smoke show, you are correct, I am a rare breed. My wife calls it a dinosaur.

That is correct, they are great cars (my toys) wife is not fond of them. She has her own car. 20 to 25 MPG to boot!

tom

Ah at last a fellow member of the club that was around just after I invented dirt (well them dinosaurs needed something to walk on :p ).

Welcome to the club Tom.

Most sported a de-tuned LT1? Didnt they?
The newer ones. 94-96 if I remember correctly, and as far as I know it was an LT1 with cast iron heads, and likely a different program.

Those sobs will shred a set of tires in no time...

Sure. I did not know there was any of those old Chevys still running.

Eric

Sure. I did not know there was any of those old Chevys still running.

Eric

I have 7 tons of pellets in my cellar, that I hand stacked, see pictures:
DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0947.jpg

I don't have a truck, but I have two gas hog "Griswold" mobiles, used for cash and carry:
DSC_0940.jpg

Tom C.

I believe Clark Griswold drove a modified (8 headlights and 4 tail lights) Ford Country Squire station wagon....aka the "Family Truckster"

OK, I think it's time to ask, am I a pellet pig? I made it by the first frost, more than 3 tons, and a good old truck (up at my cabin, don't have a pic of her workin' for a livin'). Bad news is I'm drinking the last of my dues. I can't resist a cold Spotted Cow.

Attachments

• IMG_0488-001.JPG
    IMG_0488-001.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 175
  • spring 2005.jpg
    spring 2005.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: smoke show
OK, I think it's time to ask, am I a pellet pig? I made it by the first frost, more than 3 tons, and a good old truck (up at my cabin, don't have a pic of her workin' for a livin'). Bad news is I'm drinking the last of my dues. I can't resist a cold Spotted Cow.

Well I'll toss your name into the ring, but the hogs want to know about your ability to maintain the honor of the Oinkers. You have to tell us about your piggish doings, things like pushing big ole bears out of the way to get to the pellet stacks is a bonus attribute and works in your favor when your application is considered.

Well I'll toss your name into the ring, but the hogs want to know about your ability to maintain the honor of the Oinkers. You have to tell us about your piggish doings, things like pushing big ole bears out of the way to get to the pellet stacks is a bonus attribute and works in your favor when your application is considered.

With the Truck, ATV, and a Multi-Fueler.... That all helps.

If my little vote helps, I shall put in. Anyone else? Or any other pellet rooting stories? (BTW-Love the PC-45... Love them). :)

The only tough thing about getting the pellets home is the up in the truck, 15 on the tailgate, walk to the stockpile, back to the truck 14 more times, back in the truck, repeat. Have a Spotted Cow. Then it's back to the BB store for another ton. Big truck, small garage door. Some day I'm just gonna' back 'er in.;lol

PC-45 is a great stove, thats why it's hard to get a good read on pellet quality, it burns anything and never whines.

Status
Not open for further replies.