Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pellet stoves, a pellet boiler, ten tons in the barn by September, and a Dodge Ram 2500 with an eighteen foot trailer. Truth be told my pellets were delivered this year only because it was free. Do I still qualify?

dperkins said:
Two pellet stoves, a pellet boiler, ten tons in the barn by September, and a Dodge Ram 2500 with an eighteen foot trailer. Truth be told my pellets were delivered this year only because it was free. Do I still qualify?

I don't think there is any doubt! You will have to wait for macman,Tink or Eric to welcome you. Pretty sure you made it though.

Now, now what about that first frost requirement?

dperkins,

Did those pellets get stashed prior to the first frost of the 2009-2010 heating season?

If not then did they stashed prior to the first frost of 2010?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Now, now what about that first frost requirement?

dperkins,

Did those pellets get stashed prior to the first frost of the 2009-2010 heating season?

If not then did they stashed prior to the first frost of 2010?

1ST Frost in CT is around November. You guys in ME might get that in July( :lol: ). But Sept is close enough for me. I vote he's in, Hogzilla gold star pig at that!

Our upper management seems to be absent today. I might get scolded, But dperkins I say put this in your sig and welcome aboard! Just be sure to hoard that stash before the first frost. Most of us pigs get ours in the spring when we can waggle the prices some anyway.

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club….OINK OINK!! “hogzilla” Gold star 10 tons.
“You pellet pigs should be ashamed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Congrats!!!!

jtakeman said:
....Our upper management seems to be absent today. I might get scolded, But dperkins I say put this in your sig and welcome aboard! ........

Yep, "upper management (lower???)" is busy watching the Daytona 500. But Jay is correct.....dperkins is in! (don't forget to send dues to me.....cash is preferred....LOL.

Oink Oink

I have 2 tons of Somersets stashed in my shed outside. Unfortunately, that's all I got room for, or else I'd get more!

this pig is down to his last two tons, and burning them fast! sniffing around for good deals on a couple more for this season.

nectardan said:
I have 2 tons of Somersets stashed in my shed outside. Unfortunately, that's all I got room for, or else I'd get more!

Kick the car out of the garage and use that space for something better like storing the objects of your affection, namely PELLETS.

Some people just have their priorities all bass ackwards.

macman said:
jtakeman said:
....Our upper management seems to be absent today. I might get scolded, But dperkins I say put this in your sig and welcome aboard! ........

Yep, "upper management (lower???)" is busy watching the Daytona 500. But Jay is correct.....dperkins is in! (don't forget to send dues to me.....cash is preferred....LOL.

Oink Oink

Ugh...Daytona is under red flag again for a pothole...yep dperkins fits right in ;-)

Funny to see this thread be revived again

My app:

I have two pellet stoves, one free standing and one insert.

I burn between five and six tons a year.

I buy my pellets in the spring, well before the frost. I actually just bought five tons of barefoot for next year, as the price was fantastic. My basement is currently holding six tons.

I used to transport at least a ton myself but after the birth of my second child, I had to trade in my truck for an SUV for the wife. I still plan to borrow vehicals for future cash and carry but my last purchase was delivered for a super-low fee.

tinkabranc said:
macman said:
jtakeman said:

Oink Oink

Ugh...Daytona is under red flag again for a pothole...yep dperkins fits right in ;-)

Funny to see this thread be revived again

Had a member asking what the rules were, So I dug it up. Hey its that time of year again for all the new pigs to get buying to make or stay in the club. I got my 3 plus tons already stashed!

Check here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52737/

They were asking about the delivery of pellets. Was there any rulings for delivered pellets?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Kick the car out of the garage and use that space for something better like storing the objects of your affection, namely PELLETS.

Welp, I don't have a garage, so can't do that. I'd put another ton in the shed, but I'm afraid the whole thing is gonna come off its foundation (the back end is elevated off the ground on a sloping hill). I'd hate to look out the window and see my shed sliding down the hill into the lake. Then I'd have to call 911 and the dive unit to come rescue my precious pellets!

:lol:

kinsman stoves said:
Just a suggestion and can be voted for at the next meeting. I think we will adopt a voting policy such as the nextel fireman's commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6DORwBzuA

Just so we got the requirements down in writing. Feel free to add or comment on the minimum requirements

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) "cash and carry" your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card

Thanks for your support
Eric

nectardan said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Welp, I don't have a garage, so can't do that. I'd put another ton in the shed, but I'm afraid the whole thing is gonna come off its foundation (the back end is elevated off the ground on a sloping hill). I'd hate to look out the window and see my shed sliding down the hill into the lake. Then I'd have to call 911 and the dive unit to come rescue my precious pellets!

:lol:

You still don't understand, build a garage, then kick the car out, and store your pellets.

And you claim you want to be a Pellet Pig, how about storing some in the kitchen or a spare bedroom.

Hmmmm How about hauling them home two tons at a time in the DaHoooley pickup.

Got two tons sitting in the Crummy here in this pic

Oh yeah buddy, gotta drive big pickups.

I use the BIG TRUCK to get nut shells
Store the nut shells in the basement in 50 gallon drums.
Usually around 10,000 pounds worth.

Snowy

Attachments

• DaHooooley workout.jpg
    DaHooooley workout.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 319
  • DaHooooley and the Ghost.jpg
    DaHooooley and the Ghost.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 305
Not sure if I can be a pellet pig or not because I am a dealer also. I feed 5 stoves and had 25 tons stacked away before August. 15 of those tons are for my pellet pig the Harman boiler that thing eats 4 to 5 bags on a cold day!

OK, so it's been nearly a year since this thread was bumped so here goes...

I have a total of 4 tons now, all cash and carry in the back of my GMC 2500HD, and 1 stove.

I am waiting to get one more ton of GT next week, (my spies have notified me of an incoming local shipment) yes Jay Takeman, some of us have spies too!!!

So, in order to be official, I'll have to wait until the first frost, yes??

BTW, why it took me so long to find this site is crazy. I have been burning pellets for 14 years. This place is a truly amazing wealth of information.

Harman Lover 007 said:

I have a total of 4 tons now, all cash and carry in the back of my GMC 2500HD, and 1 stove.

I am waiting to get one more ton of GT next week, (my spies have notified me of an incoming local shipment) yes Jay Takeman, some of us have spies too!!!

BTW, why it took me so long to find this site is crazy. I have been burning pellets for 14 years. This place is a truly amazing wealth of information.

Technically it is before the first frost of 2011 and no shadow observed from the mini pig in pennsy, Right! :wink: :wink:

Put this in your sig!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves†- eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome aboard! :)

Snowy Rivers said:
Hmmmm How about hauling them home two tons at a time in the DaHoooley pickup.

Got two tons sitting in the Crummy here in this pic

Oh yeah buddy, gotta drive big pickups.

I use the BIG TRUCK to get nut shells
Store the nut shells in the basement in 50 gallon drums.
Usually around 10,000 pounds worth.

Snowy

Snowy, Not sure about the pellet pig club for you? But you sure can be in the not so popular multifueler club. We burn anything!

Hey Pete, Can snowy join the pigs? Technically it says 3 tons of "pellets" and self hauled. Can we steer around the wood pellets with them self hauled nut shells? 3 stoves(mouths) to feed. Plus that's one heck of a pellet hauler and nutshell hauler she's got! :)

Meneillys said:
Not sure if I can be a pellet pig or not because I am a dealer also. I feed 5 stoves and had 25 tons stacked away before August. 15 of those tons are for my pellet pig the Harman boiler that thing eats 4 to 5 bags on a cold day!

If it were up to me you'd get in with multiple gold stars, a couple of OAK leaf clusters and Magnificent Hog rating.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Meneillys said:

If it were up to me you'd get in with multiple gold stars, a couple of OAK leaf clusters and Magnificent Hog rating.

Don't think there's any ruling about dealers(steer me if I am wrong)? As long as you burn 3 ton's or more yourself and self hauled(no rules on what is used AFAIK just has to burn lots of fuel!) I also say your in! :)

j-takeman said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Meneillys said:

Don't think there's any ruling about dealers(steer me if I am wrong)? As long as you burn 3 ton's or more yourself and self hauled(no rules on what is used AFAIK just has to burn lots of fuel!) I also say your in! :)

You are correct there is no rule about dealers, just ask Eric ;-) .

Wow, I can not believe this is still running. Awesome guys and gals.

Eric

j-takeman said:
Harman Lover 007 said:

Technically it is before the first frost of 2011 and no shadow observed from the mini pig in pennsy, Right! :wink: :wink:

Put this in your sig!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves†- eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome aboard! :)

DONE!! Thanks for having me....

I want in... I've got 2 pellet stoves, 1 wood stove, 6 tons of pellets on hand delivered to my house by yours truly on my trailer (and borrowed trailers in the past) and a toyota tundra that likes gas more then my stoves like wood! And last but not least my wife calls me a pellet wh*re. Am I qualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.