Pellet Pig Membership requirements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about adding a piglet division to the club for those striving to become a Pellet Pig Club member. Like joining the Cub Scouts before becoming a Boy Scout. You can issue merit badges for all the criteria needed to become a full fledged PP. My accentra FS is scheduled to be installed in about two weeks and I'm having two tons of Fireside Ultras being delivered by HD on 9/12. (Got them with a 10% off coupon which almost paid for the delivery). I should be eligible for at least one campfire badge when the stove is installed :cool: I'll also promise to help protect other members stash from pilfering hogs, especially after the other members have downed too many cold ones. :confused:

Reactions: Defiant
If that's a Flat Screen TV behind your stash, you just might be a Pellet Pig...

:) No - but if it was you're right that would be over the top. For some reason the guy I bought the house from put a sunken in mirror. I just vever took it out....

Close enough joescho.

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs and chicken keepers like jtakeman and miscreant pellet hoarders and chicken keepers like SmokeyTheBear?

If so welcome aboard, please add the following to your signature:

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK! !
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

I actually did root thru the dumpster at my local HD once and found 2 bags topsoil (only 1/2 bags - ripped open) and for whatever reason 2 bags pellets (Stove Chow). Only 1/2 of the bags were good. It looked like something spilled on top of them. So I dumped out the parts that were wet and turning to sawdust and kept the other halves....

So, YES I will root thru the pellet piles AND the dumpsters!!!!

Thank you for the votes......

How about adding a piglet division to the club for those striving to become a Pellet Pig Club member. Like joining the Cub Scouts before becoming a Boy Scout. You can issue merit badges for all the criteria needed to become a full fledged PP. My accentra FS is scheduled to be installed in about two weeks and I'm having two tons of Fireside Ultras being delivered by HD on 9/12. (Got them with a 10% off coupon which almost paid for the delivery). I should be eligible for at least one campfire badge when the stove is installed :cool: I'll also promise to help protect other members stash from pilfering hogs, especially after the other members have downed too many cold ones. :confused:

You're talkin Pellet Piglets? or Shoats?

Attachments

• Pigs.jpg
    Pigs.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 172
I dunno Ernest,

They had already loosened up the requirements when they let me in and likely have regretted that day, asking the membership to help along a piglet club might be a bit difficult for them to understand. They tend to be a bit (shall we say) different than normal.

Maybe someone will setup a poll and see what transpires.

1. One Stove
2. 7 tons
3. 1999 F-250

1. One Stove
2. 7 tons
3. 1999 F-250

Well that's a awfully new beater there son, I think most of the codgers are using 1912 Fords.

What could you tell us to convince us that you are a true pellet hoarder? You know, things like, instead of giving my girlfriend an engagement ring I bought her a couple of tons of Oakies.

Well that's a awfully new beater there son, I think most of the codgers are using 1912 Fords.

What could you tell us to convince us that you are a true pellet hoarder? You know, things like, instead of giving my girlfriend an engagement ring I bought her a couple of tons of Oakies.

1999 F-250 has 142,587 miles. I can't give you any examples of "I bought pellets" instead of, oh, say food for the table; however I can tell you that I am very fortunate (blessed) to be in a situation as to where I never have to make a choice. Again, being fortunate (blessed) that the only sacrifice I make concerning pellets is garage space. Besides, my wife yells at me after the snow melts, usually May around here, "when are you gonng to get pellets for the winter?" Been doing this pellet thing since 2005 and I guess that I've burned somwhere close to 45 tons, none of the 'designer.'

1999 F-250 has 142,587 miles. I can't give you any examples of "I bought pellets" instead of, oh, say food for the table; however I can tell you that I am very fortunate (blessed) to be in a situation as to where I never have to make a choice. Again, being fortunate (blessed) that the only sacrifice I make concerning pellets is garage space. Besides, my wife yells at me after the snow melts, usually May around here, "when are you gonng to get pellets for the winter?" Been doing this pellet thing since 2005 and I guess that I've burned somwhere close to 45 tons, none of the 'designer.'

Close enough doghouse.

Having the wife trained to act as a low pellet warning clinches your membership (I keep telling folks we are a weird bunch).

Do you promise to root in the pellet piles at your local big boxes and always protect your stash from pilfering hogs like OMV and miscreant pellet hoarders and chicken keepers like jtakeman?

If so welcome aboard, please add the following to your signature:

"Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club" OINK OINK! !
"You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves" - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Reactions: The Ds
https://www.hearth.com/talk/attachments/index-39-jpeg.73258/

Lets not forget these guys!!! OMV is probably in there somewhere!! LOL

No OMV, is behind that bunch with a flat bed and lift truck, the Oinkers in the van are amateurs at stash raiding. They will have worn themselves out and be taking a nap when OMV drives up and starts loading his flat bed. Then the miscreants wake up and wonder what the hey happened here.

No OMV, is behind that bunch with a flat bed and lift truck, the Oinkers in the van are amateurs at stash raiding. They will have worn themselves out and be taking a nap when OMV drives up and starts loading his flat bed. Then the miscreants wake up and wonder what the hey happened here.

This fella ought to know! He's in the back passin gas! The reason the rest of us pigs where hangin out the windows. We weren't nappin either! Over taken by the fumes is more like it! Bears own special homebrew, nuff said!

Reactions: DexterDay
Well I for one may never make the true Pellet Pig Club. I have one stove, and I will have over 3 ton before first frost, but I only drive a 2001 RAV. However, I will haul a ton with it at 8 bags at a time and multiple trips. So if the best I could get would be to be a piglet........

If you get the three ton before first frost and convince the hogs that you are a true hoarder of pellets you'll qualify as a pig. There is no piglet club yet. The last I checked the vote was deadlocked over the issue of forming a piglet club. We try to be somewhat democratic around here.

Is it possible that this
is a van full of piglets in search of a wayward ton that they can split multiple ways??? :) I know that when I ,as a true pig,make a stash augmentation run,I go solo{passenger seat = 6 bags of pellets} And,that rear tire thats visible to us seems awfully low......A veteran pig would never let a tire go low,especially in the rear!!!

Is it possible that this
is a van full of piglets in search of a wayward ton that they can split multiple ways??? :) I know that when I ,as a true pig,make a stash augmentation run,I go solo{passenger seat = 6 bags of pellets} And,that rear tire thats visible to us seems awfully low......A veteran pig would never let a tire go low,especially in the rear!!!

I grab 20-25 in the Focus.... No Prob. 10 in the back seat, 10 in the trunck, and 5 in the passenger seat!!!

Gotta grab as many as you can!!! ;) (this was only a 15 bag trip w/in trunck)

2011-10-03_16-43-28_614.jpg 2011-10-03_16-43-46_102.jpg

Is it possible that this

More than likely, obviously they haven't learned the golden rule of a pellet piggishness, which is tell no one about where you are getting your pellets until you have already gotten yours. These ones are sharing that information, reducing their carrying capacity, and leaving witnesses to their dastardly deeds.

i've just hauled 4.5tons of cubex this week with 40 & 35 bag loads with my 2004 toyota sienna van. last year i carried 6tons with my 1989 toyota landcruiser diesel pick-up 1.5 tons skids at a time(what a top heavy load)!!!!!!

i've just hauled 4.5tons of cubex this week with 40 & 35 bag loads with my 2004 toyota sienna van. last year i carried 6tons with my 1989 toyota landcruiser diesel pick-up 1.5 tons skids at a time(what a top heavy load)!!!!!!

Hey that's great do you have another piggish behavior that you might want the hogs to consider in your application to become Pellet Pig Club member I'll provide the nomination. If someone would kindly second the nomination ivanhoe's membership application could be considered.

Hey that's great do you have another piggish behavior that you might want the hogs to consider in your application to become Pellet Pig Club member I'll provide the nomination. If someone would kindly second the nomination ivanhoe's membership application could be considered.

checking for pellets everywhere i go when the missy is tagging along count!

With that many trips (beating of vehicle and ones self!) I shall second the notion!!

Make sure to have your "Dues" ready when your Membership is verified. Imacman must keep the Beer fridge, er, um, Supply closet full at Kinsman stoves.

With that many trips (beating of vehicle and ones self!) I shall second the notion!!

Make sure to have your "Dues" ready when your Membership is verified. Imacman must keep the Beer fridge, er, um, Supply closet full at Kinsman stoves.

a beer for a bag of pellet swap would be ok by me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.