Pellet Pigs unite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started the season with 5 tons of pellets in my garage.

I stopped by Wal-Mart yesterday and picked up 20 more bags. Did I need the bags? Who knows. But the pig in me couldn't resist seeing pellets without buying some.

Bushbuck said:
kyburnr said:
People on here who are waiting on stoves and have pellets already... should be an automatic member.

Some have 3 or more tons of pellets and nothing to burn them in...NOW THAT'S A PIG RIGHT THERE :exclaim: A TRUE PORKER.

I had over 8 tons in the garage 3 months before my first stove was installed.

Didn't think a measly three tons would qualify as pig status. I have no stove to burn them, yet. But I will. I also have two jars of skippy peanut butter with no bread to make a sandwich with, yet. But I will. Since when does not having one, qualify for not allowing to have the other?

Wow I'm a pig and didn't even know it. 3 tons in the basement with plans for another ton when the dealer gets next delivery. I was at lowes last night and they had pellets out on display, Timber something, I had a hard time not buying any to try but was not sure if they were any good. Oh yeah I know its not pellets but I have 3 well seasoned cords of wood, another cord that I can probably burn near the end of the season and 2-3 cords waiting for next year. Lets just say I don't plan on being cold this winter or paying the oil man anything!

Wow! Just when I thought I wasn't I come here and find out that I'm a sow! lol I'm proclaiming myself a pellet pig but I refuse to take on the sow handle. I only have 2 tons currently but I have another ton on order. That may not seem like gobs of pellets to some of you but I live in the south for goodness sake and that's WAY more pellets than I'll need to heat my whole house for the winter so.....move away from the trough....I'm joining! :lol:

pegdot said:
Wow! Just when I thought I wasn't I come here and find out that I'm a sow! lol I'm proclaiming myself a pellet pig but I refuse to take on the sow handle. I only have 2 tons currently but I have another ton on order. That may not seem like gobs of pellets to some of you but I live in the south for goodness sake and that's WAY more pellets than I'll need to heat my whole house for the winter so.....move away from the trough....I'm joining! :lol:
Yeah but that's half the pellet supply down here... :cheese:

Since I just saw the tread listing membership requirements let me elaborate on my qualifications;

200 gallons of number 2 diesel rotting in my tank since last fall. A broken oil furnace that I have no intention of repairing or replacing. Pellets are my sole source of heat and I'm damned happy about it. Cash and carry on all my pellets with an 88' GMC dually that drinks gas like it's going out of style. I've been known to drive over 2 hours, one way, to pick up a ton of pellets. I have a second stove, a Breckwell, that's not currently installed because I'm waiting to find some suckers...I mean friends to help me remove my old smoke dragon from the fireplace. (There's free beer involved just in case any of you are interested. ;-) ) And the number one reason that I qualify is that in the south laying your hands on even one bag of pellets when most people don't even know what you are talking about is a task roughly equivalent to pushing a car uphill alone.......so THERE! %-P Do I get in? Do I? Huh? Huh? Huh?

We are all out of control,it is chaos followed by anarchy ..... I burn therefore I am!

mtalea said:
We are all out of control,it is chaos followed by anarchy ..... I burn therefore I am!

coool...didn't realize how popular my avatar has become- I see more and more people using it ;-)

pegdot said:
Since I just saw the tread listing membership requirements let me elaborate on my qualifications;

200 gallons of number 2 diesel rotting in my tank since last fall. A broken oil furnace that I have no intention of repairing or replacing.

Hording fuel oil with no intention of using it may constitute membership in the oil pig group LOL

I would suggest selling that fuel oil and buy some pellets with the money.. You could also trade some for the work you need done..

I like this avatar the best personally....I think we should get shirts and hats made with that logo.....in a circle around the logo written

"The Hearth Forums" Im dead serious about that.. I would pay for a polo style shirt or t shirt and ball cap with it......

Think about it guys......all over the country pellet pigs unite and advertise

we are just a happy bunch of pellet pigs!

Attachments

• Pig_Smile.jpg
    Pig_Smile.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 205
pegdot said:

I have a second stove, a Breckwell, that's not currently installed because I'm waiting to find some suckers...I mean friends to help me remove my old smoke dragon from the fireplace. (There's free beer involved just in case any of you are interested. ;-) ) And the number one reason that I qualify is that in the south laying your hands on even one bag of pellets when most people don't even know what you are talking about is a task roughly equivalent to pushing a car uphill alone.......so THERE! %-P Do I get in? Do I? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Hmmmm I been known to go further distances for free beer. Sorry but slightly busy at the stores.

Eric

No hoarding intended. I'd just had 200 gallons of oil delivered last fall when my furnace up and died on me. I'm slowly burning up the diesel in my tractor. (Don't sell me out to the Feds, okay?)

That smiling pig looks absolutely demented! LOL

Eric, would a particular brand of beer persuade you away from the store? Seriously, the old smoke dragon was in the house when we bought it 20 years ago. I have no idea what that thing weighs but I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 500 lbs. Should be a real joy to move! Hmmm, maybe I should run an ad....FREE Vestal insert. You move! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.