Pellet pipe ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2011
North east PA
Do all brands of pipe fit each other. Can I marry Simpson dura-vent to Selkrk brand or do I have to stay with one brand.IS their any reason in my basement install that I can not conect to my 1 year old 6 inch wood stove pipe that goes in to my flue thimbal that is already in place? Does some one make a conector from pellet pipe to stove pipe? If not is their a good reson not to take a 6 inch stove pipe cap and drill a 3 inch hole in the center of the cap to put the pellet pipe in it?
Thanks for any input.
North east puller

No. They only work with their specific manufacturer.

Simpson makes a adapter to go to 6 in stove pipe. I installed my father-inlaws stove like this. I converted for pellet to stove at the ceiling support box where the triple wall starts at ceiling level. You dont want to vent into single wall stove pipe.

I had a 20 foot high 6" dia chimney already on the house when I bought the pellet stove, guy I bought the stove from said it would draw way too much for a pellet stove and it would not run efficiently. The way he explained it kinda made sense to me, so I went straight up the inside of that with the pellet stove pipe, which sticks out the top with the proper size flue and cap.

Just thought I'd mention that... not sure if the guy was right or wrong but hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can chime in and say.

It depends upon the stove as to how much cross sectional area the flue has be before it will cause trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.