Pellet Plant Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Hearth Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
There is little reporting, besides a helicopter fly-over. Seems to be a not so big deal maybe tomorrow's papers will carry more.

White Flame Pellets in Orem, Utah had a fire. The news says a trailer and two large propane tanks were involved. The plant is close to a fire station, so I think they got right on it. They seem to be spraying large amounts of water to protect they processing equipment. Based on what I would see in the video, it seemed to be away from the plant, and away from the onsite storage of palleted pellets. The plant is not neat and tidy, so it's possible they were real lucky.

Here's the report from the TV site, has a link to the video. http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_107132909.html.

UncleRich said:
There is little reporting, besides a helicopter fly-over. Seems to be a not so big deal maybe tomorrow's papers will carry more.

White Flame Pellets in Orem, Utah had a fire. The news says a trailer and two large propane tanks were involved. The plant is close to a fire station, so I think they got right on it. They seem to be spraying large amounts of water to protect they processing equipment. Based on what I would see in the video, it seemed to be away from the plant, and away from the onsite storage of palleted pellets. The plant is not neat and tidy, so it's possible they were real lucky.

Here's the report from the TV site, has a link to the video. http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_107132909.html.

Here's another excuse for them to rase the price again !

Wait a few days and the true story emerges. Yesterday a road trip took me past the White Flame plant. I got off the freeway and drove past the plant. No damage to production area or storage. Way what looked like a camp trailer or storage trailer gutted in the rear of the yard.

The news this evening stated that the fire was in AT a trailer on the property rented for living to a couple. The female started her vehicle to go to work and was warming it up when it filled with smoke, so they shut it off and the male tenent took the female to work. When he returned the vehicle, trailer and a leaking propane tank were on fire. Took 40 minutes to put out because of the propane leaker.

The area where the plant is has several of these small industrial lots with a variety of marginal businesses. There are several of these squatter type trailers on junk yard lots and building material salvagers. The pellet operation was not involved with the fire, but it could have been real nasty with the piles of raw material covering the lot, and the rows of processed pellets.

UncleRich said:
Wait a few days and the true story emerges. Yesterday a road trip took me past the White Flame plant. I got off the freeway and drove past the plant. No damage to production area or storage. Way what looked like a camp trailer or storage trailer gutted in the rear of the yard.

The news this evening stated that the fire was in AT a trailer on the property rented for living to a couple. The female started her vehicle to go to work and was warming it up when it filled with smoke, so they shut it off and the male tenent took the female to work. When he returned the vehicle, trailer and a leaking propane tank were on fire. Took 40 minutes to put out because of the propane leaker.

The area where the plant is has several of these small industrial lots with a variety of marginal businesses. There are several of these squatter type trailers on junk yard lots and building material salvagers. The pellet operation was not involved with the fire, but it could have been real nasty with the piles of raw material covering the lot, and the rows of processed pellets.

where's the fire inspector that gave them the permit to build there?

Status
Not open for further replies.