Pellet Price NOW $180. ton Eastern OHIO/Western PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmjr

Feb 16, 2010
Corners of PA-OH-WV
American Wood Fibers @ $180. +tax per Ton.

as it appeared in Farm and Dairy Classified Ads.

Fowler, Ohio in Trumbull County.

I have no association w/ seller...just passing info along to whomever it may interest.

Also Posted in "Fuel Price Report" section.

That's a very nice price, And AWF were good when I tested them. I don't think I will see $180.00 pellets in my neck of the woods. But we are close at $199.00, Just don't know what brands yet!

How low will they go????

Master of Smoke said:

I have no association w/ seller...just passing info along to whomever it may interest.

Ohio charges tax on heat????????????

dodge99 said:
WOW!!! I thought we were doing good at 199.00 That is a great price. How close is the mill from you?

The price is from a local distributor.

But mill is probably 4hrs. drive...near Columbus, OH, I believe.

hossthehermit said:
Master of Smoke said:

Yeah, I'll have to have a chat about that w/ the Governor next time I bump into him. :)

BTW, we have tax on clothing too. But we do have beer and wine in grocery stores.

If I had the truck I would take a ride and pick up at least two tons at that price. Long Island is a strange place. I'll wait another month but we will never see it that low here.

AWFs for 192/ton in Carrollton OH. Been that price since Jan. I've purchased 3 tons for next season; oink.

I did pick up 2 tons of these AWF pellets on Saturday...date code 11/09.

He has a plenty of stock on hand, however, it was moving fast while I was there.

Truck ahead of me when I arrived w/ my truck and trailer, 3 others w/ their trailers pulled in before I'd left.

One fellow was getting his 8th ton this trip. (What a Piggy!) ;)

I'm going back for another ton myself, soon.

Master of Smoke said:
hossthehermit said:
Master of Smoke said:

Yeah, I'll have to have a chat about that w/ the Governor next time I bump into him. :)

BTW, we have tax on clothing too. But we do have beer and wine in grocery stores.

Well, we got tax on clothes, we got beer, wine and likker in the grocery store too. But, by golly, we ain't got no tax on pellets, or HHO, or cordwood for home heat. Last I knew there weren't many places that do. Some places, a store will charge tax on pellets, put it in their pocket for a tip. Ain't my money, just sayin'.

Cola, bottle water and ice are all taxed in Ohio. 7% here.

buildingmaint said:
Still $225.00 a ton for Agway Hammers in Oil City.

Thanks for the info!

Good to know, I occasionally go nearby Oil City.

I want to try some Hamers to compare.

Local Tractor Supply (TSC) here has *Premium Hardwood* brand which I believe are Hamers in a different bag @$5.50.

Master of Smoke said:
Local Tractor Supply (TSC) here has *Premium Hardwood* brand which I believe are Hamers in a different bag @$5.50.

Are they *Premium Hardwood* or Premier Hardwood?

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I think actually, they were *Hardwood Heat*...don't know where I came up w/ Premium Hardwood???

AWFs now 175/ton at Carrollton Farmers Exchange, Carrollton OH. W/ cash discount and tax (it's OH) 182.88 out the door. Went to buy seed; came home w/ a pallet of pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.