Pellet price updates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
I noticed a lot of good leads in this forum about current pellet prices. That is really good news, but we can do this better if those observations are also posted in the link https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/fuels which is found at the top of the opening page in this forum. There are a few postings there, but with so many pellets users, I'm betting those posting could be updated to reflect prices in most of the areas we generally see the readership in. Looking at the postings this morning, I saw ranges from $179 to $300 a ton! I don't know if it is allowed, but if the retail vendors became aware of this site, some may want to keep it current if they want to encourage sales.
I know we have some sites in Maine for home heating fossil fuels and for gasoline. I frequently ck those and use them to my advantage.

I too would like to see more members post their finds in the fuel reports here.

I agree the woodpelletprice site is good reference for site for many, but it has
very few retailers listed for those of us on the south shore/coast of MA.

corn is DOWN to 8.78 per hundred and pellets are too( 4.79 per bag today) both @ Southern states Co-op

I wonder if web(craig) can change the format so we could be more area specific? I would gladly update for the Northwest corner of CT.

IN dutchess / Ulster county in N.Y. pellet prices have gone up. TSC,lowes and home depot have all raised the prices. 2 HD by me are done with pellets for the year I was told. Only pellets left are freedoms,Bayou, Instant heats, etc. all shoulder season and $289-300 a ton. I thought there was a pile of pellets to be sold. Guess not around here. I was going to try to get my garage straightened out in time to get a spring deal and thought I would be able to score a few tons of hot pellets for next year. Perhaps not. Oh well maybe I'll get a new vacuum and burn grass pellets next year. Looks like I may have to travel to get a few tons of good pellets at a reasonable($250) rate.

Schoondog

I went to the True Value hardware store in Hopewell Junction and got green label Lignetics for 279.00...better deal than Home Depot or Lowes.

William Tell Hardware? I'll go there Thursday night. I bought a few bags of the hardwood/conifer green label from another store and found the bags were bad ...wet. Took them back and all the place had left were Bayous .. so I took em..I would like to try the new mix from Lignetics although I've heard here that they are not as good as the all hardwood ones. I loved the ones last year.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
William Tell Hardware? I'll go there Thursday night. I bought a few bags of the hardwood/conifer green label from another store and found the bags were bad ...wet. Took them back and all the place had left were Bayous .. so I took em..I would like to try the new mix from Lignetics although I've heard here that they are not as good as the all hardwood ones. I loved the ones last year.

Schoondog

Not if I beat you there...LOL I called Tri County Coal in Brewster & they're automated machine quoted $238, unk. brand. I got NE from the Schyuler plant from them last summer. But I am in same boat with you, down to last 1/2 ton & I'd love to clean up garage and move things around w/o 4 tons being in the way.

Menards in Central Illinois selling 3.97 a bag.

Got 3 tons last month from Home Depot for $179/ton in poughkeepsie, plus about $60 delivery fee. I'm set for next season :)

This is getting posted in the fuel price report also. We now carry Northern Pellets $235 picked up $248-$258 delivered depending on how many tons you want. Delivery only available in the local area of zip code 13028. About 25 to 30 mile radius.

Menards dropped down to $175 a ton. I talked to the manager about the ton I bought lase week and he gave me the difference. I might get another ton.

This is what I came up with yesterday and today. I was told some early specials will be 3rd week of march or 1st week of april. As you can see Ace is way out of line still!

Pellet Pricing 2010
Lowes 610- 984-8070
Misc kinds 248.50
Did have Presto Logs a couple of weeks ago?

Wood Heat 610-346-7894
wood pellets 249.00
o'malleys 249.00

Miller Ace (610) 262-4566
Lignetics 290.00

Stoves n stuff 610-966-2271
Barefoot 275.00

Tractor Supply (610) 746-9562
Hardwood Heat 239.00

KC Stoves 610 966-3556
O'malleys 239.00
with online coupon

Turbo-Quad said:
Menards dropped down to $175 a ton. I talked to the manager about the ton I bought lase week and he gave me the difference. I might get another ton.

Hey Turbo-quad ! What brand is menards selling in your area? Picked up a ton at menards here last night( N.W. Wisconsin) for $175 and they were the "indeck" brand made in Ladysmith,Wi. Burnt a few bags last week and they seem to be a good pellet . They had the "pennywise" brand also but haven't tried them but have read on here that they are quite dirty. Just curious what they are selling in your neck of the woods. Thanks

The flyer said they were Pennywise but when I got in there they were still selling the Ozark Hardwood's (OHP's). So, looks like it's more OHP's for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.