1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Prices/Availability in Southern Maine

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by toller65, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toller65

toller65 Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I'm looking to buy about 3 tons of pellets this spring as I have just invested in a new Quadrafire Castille insert. Does anyone have any recommendations on good prices/product for pellets in the So. Maine area?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    At the very beginning of this page on this forum , there is a thread on pellet sales. There seems to be a couple if not more in your area . Good luck, Muss
  3. compressedwoodsupplier

compressedwoodsupplier New Member

Loc:
    maine
    O'Hara Ice company in biddeford has pellets. there number is 283-1003 not sure about pricing
  4. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Depends how far south you are.
    Pelletsales.com is where I got part of my 08-09 supply.
    Kittery and York Ace Hardware will also locking up their supplies in the next few weeks. Pricing will be in the neighborhood of 250 per ton.
  5. compressedwoodsupplier

compressedwoodsupplier New Member

Loc:
    maine
    not sure but give em a call and find out
  6. mlwschultz

mlwschultz New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    D&J;in Sanford has New England pellets for $242/ton, plus delivery (within 20 miles of their location, it's $75 for 2 tons, $80 for 3 tons, etc.). They had 3 other brands of pellets too. They had another hardwood that was Northern (I think) and then 2 softwood brands, which they said had more ash. I'm getting 1 ton of the NE pellets when my stove is installed & will be ordering 2 more tons soon. Prices are good through 5/31, then they are up to $255/ton.
  7. flueinc

flueinc New Member

Loc:
    porter me.
    O'hara Ice in biddiford has barefoot pellets they are real good no sawdust in the bag real hard long burning. i had to turn my feed down the pellets burn a lot hotter so my pellets last longer. they get 250 per ton 1.50a mile to deliver
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.