Pellet Prices/Availability in Southern Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toller65

May 13, 2008
Southern Maine
I'm looking to buy about 3 tons of pellets this spring as I have just invested in a new Quadrafire Castille insert. Does anyone have any recommendations on good prices/product for pellets in the So. Maine area?

Thanks in advance!

At the very beginning of this page on this forum , there is a thread on pellet sales. There seems to be a couple if not more in your area . Good luck, Muss

Depends how far south you are.
Pelletsales.com is where I got part of my 08-09 supply.
Kittery and York Ace Hardware will also locking up their supplies in the next few weeks. Pricing will be in the neighborhood of 250 per ton.

D&J;in Sanford has New England pellets for $242/ton, plus delivery (within 20 miles of their location, it's $75 for 2 tons, $80 for 3 tons, etc.). They had 3 other brands of pellets too. They had another hardwood that was Northern (I think) and then 2 softwood brands, which they said had more ash. I'm getting 1 ton of the NE pellets when my stove is installed & will be ordering 2 more tons soon. Prices are good through 5/31, then they are up to $255/ton.

O'hara Ice in biddiford has barefoot pellets they are real good no sawdust in the bag real hard long burning. i had to turn my feed down the pellets burn a lot hotter so my pellets last longer. they get 250 per ton 1.50a mile to deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.