Pellet Prices Buy or Wait?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a couple bags of whatever Lowes had to use in the bottom of my rabbit's cage.
Geee - how can you tell the difference between the pellets and what the rabbit leaves behind? Must always look as if the cage needs to be emptied!!!

What the rabbit leaves is ashy now.

What the rabbit leaves behind burns cleaner.

Reactions: PELLETCONVERT
you could sell your own penningtons!!!

OMG someone else on other thread says he uses his Penningtons for oil spills in the garage lol. I'm a believer in getting the BETTER pellets, not just any pellets
Not once but twice:(

What the rabbit leaves behind burns cleaner.
Must be NEWP or Green Supreme....Maybe last years batch of Cleanfire Pacific Softies....

I'd buy Chow over Green chit Supreme's anyday.....but do we really know how this yr's Chow is? or vice versa.......And the Sleeper Pellet of the Year Is............

I'm all done.put 200 bags of green team in my basement yesterday myself and my lower back is killing me lol

Just paid $197 for a ton of MWP at Walmart in Ellsworth Maine.Not my favorite but a decent price none the less and they seem to be the only place in this area that haven't gone in price from last year.

Reactions: Bioburner
Next year get ur pellets in the spring I got mine for $188 a ton bought 6 tons no worries mate. I know doesn't help right know but you will be looking at Cheeper prices and more availability of your most favorite brands.

Next year get ur pellets in the spring I got mine for $188 a ton bought 6 tons no worries mate. I know doesn't help right know but you will be looking at Cheeper prices and more availability of your most favorite brands.
If I would have seen any to buy at reasonable prices I would have. Two years ago I bought the last ton at HD. Was the last available in five counties. I bought in July this year. Corn continues to fall.

No i wont buy Penningtons. Last year they had MWP but the guy told me today the pag just says PRemium Wood Pellet so i need to go in and make sure. If they aren't MWP i will go to Home Depot and may the 219 I may buy like 8 ton to fill my basement

Do you have a supplier close to you that manufactures the pellets rather than using the box stores

Just paid $197 for a ton of MWP at Walmart in Ellsworth Maine.Not my favorite but a decent price none the less and they seem to be the only place in this area that haven't gone in price from last year.
How much do they have there im looking to get 7-8 ton

They seemed to have quite a few as they usually do but who knows how long they will stay at that price.You might want to get them sooner rather than later!

Status
Not open for further replies.