Pellet prices down a bit @ Lowes...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I waited to buy my pellets this year. I have two places around me that are now selling $260/ton. Three months ago the cheapest was $290/ton. I think they will continue to go down but plan to grab a few tons just in case.

macman said:
Dr_Drum said:
.........I'm hearing people are locking in oil plans at under $1.80/gal......

Must be nice.....the cheapest I can find HHO around me in the Hudson Valley area of NY is COD Oil.com at $2.219 for 200-299 Gal.

Screwed again in NYS :mad:

Ya, for those who lock in, maybe... I never lock in, I just do the cash price of the day and shop around. Some years I win :) , some years I lose :mad: . It probably all averages out in the end and all the stress and worry over prices is for nothing? COD today is at $2.09. Who knows? :question:
Mike -

Dr_Drum said:
..... COD today is at $2.09. Who knows? :question:
Mike -
Depending where you are......CODOIL.com is still $2.19 here today. Like I said, screwed again by the most dysfunctional state govt. in the US. >:-(

my closest lowes has Premier Pellets for $238.80/ton

Not sure if those are Fireside Ultras or not..... but Premier Pellet Company in Canada makes Fireside Ultras.

geek said:
my closest lowes has Premier Pellets for $238.80/ton

HD in Nashua, NH had $200 a ton when buying 5 tons

Not a pellet burner so I didn't pay attention - sorry, but...:

Home Depot

288 Daniel Webster Hwy, Nashua - (603) 891-4300

CarbonNeutral said:

Are you sure it wasn't "save" $200 on 5 tons? That's what the current promotion is right now at HD.....even with that, the Stove Chow pellets in my local HD would still be $259 (original price was $299).

macman said:
CarbonNeutral said:

Are you sure it wasn't "save" $200 on 5 tons? That's what the current promotion is right now at HD.....even with that, the Stove Chow pellets in my local HD would still be $259 (original price was $299).

Ah, no, not sure.

macman said:
CarbonNeutral said:

Actually they are $269 for ONE ton, then $50 off for 2 tons, $100 off for 3 tons, $150 off for 4 tons, and $200 off for 5 tons.

So 1 ton = $269
2 tons = $244/ton
3 tons = $236/ton
4 tons = $233/ton
5 tons = $229/ton

sinnian said:
.....Actually they are $269 for ONE ton, then $50 off for 2 tons, $100 off for 3 tons, $150 off for 4 tons, and $200 off for 5 tons.

So 1 ton = $269
2 tons = $244/ton
3 tons = $236/ton
4 tons = $233/ton
5 tons = $229/ton

maybe your right sinnian, but I was in HD about 1 hr ago, and the price they had on a BIG sign as you walked in was $299/ton, and then the discount for 2 or more.

If it really IS $269 in your HD for 1 ton, and then the discount, 5 tons would be a great deal these days in the NE.

If it really IS $269 in your HD for 1 ton, and then the discount, 5 tons would be a great deal these days in the NE.[/quote]
yes it would!

mnkywrnch said:
If it really IS $269 in your HD for 1 ton, and then the discount, 5 tons would be a great deal these days in the NE.
yes it would![/quote]
Yes, it really is $269/ton at HD in Bellingham, MA. On Tuesday, I purchased 5 tons of pellets for $1210 delivered that burned great in my stove last year and was verbally spanked for believing that I got a good deal (https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/40384/).

I guess if I was smart, I would pay $300/ton plus delivery for higher quality, compressed sawdust. For me, I will keep the $375 difference and put it towards future pellet stove repairs (from using these poor quality pellets) on my well maintained 1 yr old Harman P61A and $2.29/gal oil.

I agree pellets in the northeast are on their way down. My pellet shop is now giving pellets away with purchase of a stove. They must feel there will be plenty os supply this winter. There are many thing they could give away.

OR they believe stove sales will be below record sales the last 3 years or so....its a great selling piece for selling a stove.

WarmInNH said:
I agree pellets in the northeast are on their way down. My pellet shop is now giving pellets away with purchase of a stove. They must feel there will be plenty os supply this winter. There are many thing they could give away.

MainePellethead said:
OR they believe stove sales will be below record sales the last 3 years or so....its a great selling piece for selling a stove.

WarmInNH said:

I started buying pellets at Lowes all 5 stores in my area have had 5 or so tons delivered which some of the managers wasn't expecting. I was told that they are carryovers from last year and they aren't sure what this years will cost. I have seen several differnt brands at the 5.38 or 269/ton green team seem to be the most plentyful. I really don't have a problem(so far) with purchasing year or so old pellets but will keep the reciepts.

Everywhere I turn I see companies Dvertising pellets and the prices keep going down. Home depot has incentives the more tons you purchase, lowes, county store hardware, blue seAl, tractor supply, even the local farmer is selling them. Seems like a high supply and prices Are definitely on there wAY down. I haven't bought yet but will buy a couple of tons and then wTch the price to see what happens as wi ter gets near.

still waiting to see if I will get burned on my $250/ton including delivery.

I just paid $232 per ton at Lowes in RI for Greene Team. Had to buy 3 tons to get that price. Greene Team worked well for me last year in my Harman XXV. I think the prices are going to come down some more as long as oil prices stay low.

Status
Not open for further replies.