Pellet Prices Dropping at The Home Depot, Auburn, Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

defield

Nov 21, 2008
South Central Maine
This fall I counted more than 200 pallets of pellets, stored outside, of course, at the Auburn, Maine, Home Depot.

The price has been $269.00 a ton. You haul em.

Since the pellet dealer in N. Jay, Maine, has been advertising, for a long time, the new Athens pellets at $199.00 per ton delivered, I wondered how that would affect local Home Depot sales.

Last weekend, The home Depot had a large display marked, "Was $269.00, now $209.00 a ton".

Today the display is marked, "Was $269.00 a ton, now $187.00 a ton."

Wonder if that is the rock bottom price . . . . as of last week, there was still a plentiful supply . . . Stored outside, of course.

Ranger

My home depot in Allentown had Stove Chow pellets for $220 last week and today they were $187. Last week I tried 4 bags and really like how they burned, so I bought a ton today along with my 10% coupon and paid $165. They were stored inside, but I have a feeling that they were outside before they had room for them inside. I know that my local Lowes has press2logs for $187 as well, but I heard that last years press2logs were pretty bad.

Ranger, with all the good reports on Stove Chow that are coming in, if that HD has them, for that price you might want to stock-up for next year (if you have the $$ & the room).

the old ranger said:
This fall I counted more than 200 pallets of pellets, stored outside, of course, at the Auburn, Maine, Home Depot.

The price has been $269.00 a ton. You haul em.

Since the pellet dealer in N. Jay, Maine, has been advertising, for a long time, the new Athens pellets at $199.00 per ton delivered, I wondered how that would affect local Home Depot sales.

Last weekend, The home Depot had a large display marked, "Was $269.00, now $209.00 a ton".

Today the display is marked, "Was $269.00 a ton, now $187.00 a ton."

Wonder if that is the rock bottom price . . . . as of last week, there was still a plentiful supply . . . Stored outside, of course.

Ranger
same in Augusta Me. I think the bag read, "freedom fuel"

imacman said:
Ranger, with all the good reports on Stove Chow that are coming in, if that HD has them, for that price you might want to stock-up for next year (if you have the $$ & the room).
Wow you're not kidding there! When I go to HD tomorrow that'll be the first thing I check on, and if the price is that low I'll be bringing home a ton of them ;-P

rmac said:
I grabbed the last ton at my local HD today. $187 for Stove Chow. The guy told me that was it for the year.

Which year 2010 or the entire 2010-2011 heating season, the lady at the local Lowes in North Windham told me that what was on the floor was it for the year as well. I didn't even bother to ask if that meant the 2010-2011 heating season. I was only looking to see what they had for brands and wasn't about to buy any as they were outside and there were rips in some of the pallet wraps. I also didn't need any.

I'll be either there or at HD in the next few days anyway as I have to get a new vacuum for the stove, motor crapped out, likely the ash finally got to it. It didn't owe me anything as it kept things going when the ash factory was operating in overdrive. I've also got to pick up a flexible shaft for my nut drivers, some epoxy cement (not for the stove), window gasket (but not for the stove's window), and take a look at a generator(been lucky so far).

SmokeyTheBear said:
rmac said:
I grabbed the last ton at my local HD today. $187 for Stove Chow. The guy told me that was it for the year.

Which year 2010 or the entire 2010-2011 heating season, the lady at the local Lowes in North Windham told me that what was on the floor was it for the year as well. I didn't even bother to ask if that meant the 2010-2011 heating season. I was only looking to see what they had for brands and wasn't about to buy any as they were outside and there were rips in some of the pallet wraps. I also didn't need any.

I'll be either there or at HD in the next few days anyway as I have to get a new vacuum for the stove, motor crapped out, likely the ash finally got to it. It didn't owe me anything as it kept things going when the ash factory was operating in overdrive. I've also got to pick up a flexible shaft for my nut drivers, some epoxy cement (not for the stove), window gasket (but not for the stove's window), and take a look at a generator(been lucky so far).

Ah, I'll be saving these for pellet hunting excusses. I ran out of them so these will do nicely. :)

j-takeman

RE: "I’ve also got to pick up a flexible shaft for my nut drivers, some epoxy cement (not for the stove), window gasket (but not for the stove’s window), and take a look at a generator(been lucky so far).

Ah, I’ll be saving these for pellet hunting excusses. I ran out of them so these will do nicely."

TOO FUNNY!!!

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.