Pellet Prices in CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi crizpynutz,i heat my 2800 sqf home with a harman XXV pellet stove.i use no propane or oil at all.zero.on nights it drops to 10 degrees or below.i have 2 portable space tower heaters in the bedrooms to warm them up a bit.they cost about $50-$80 each a month to run if we get real cold spells.but the stove keeps my 1400 sqf first floor as warm as you want it.i keep it at 72-73.my upstairs is usually 66-70.way cheaper than any oil or propane cost and you get a beautiful fire ambiance.total cost this year was $1590 for 6 tons pellets and about $400 in space heaters electric=$1990.if i used propane would have been about $3500-3800 and oil about the same

That's awesome. I have about a 2200 square foot colonial and I installed a Hampton GC60. I'll be hoping for similar results next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.