Pellet prices in lower PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crausch

Aug 26, 2008
Littlestown, PA
My dealer finally sent out their early buy prices. Here is what I am looking at:

Turmans Hardwood: $289/ton
O'Malleys: $269/ton
Appling County (APC): $255/ton

I really wanted the Turmans but I think I am going to go with the O'malleys. They seemed to have got good reviews on the forum.

Just across the state line in MD., a place I bought from several times has APC pellets for $235/ton. I like the price, but, given my experience with them last year, I'll cough up the extra cash and get the O'Malleys. I may may split my order and get the Turmans as well.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Mechanicsburg area but last I check at Wertz coal yard, ( About 2 wks ago) they had Turmans, Omalley, Pa pellets, Pennwood all for 250.00 at ton. Cash and carry. Their Allengany (sp?) for 268.00 a ton.

A place in New Cumberland has those patroit pellets ( which I didnt get to try) for 249.00 at ton.

Not sure if these prices are still the same but you could call.

Yes, I am familiar with Mechanicsburg some. Those are good prices. If I had my own pickup truck I would get them from there. Next year, if prices are still high maybe I'll see what it cost to rent a trailer or U-haul truck and head up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.