Pellet prices in southern NH still a bit high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stentor

Apr 3, 2009
North of Boston, Mass
Stopped in a stove store on Rt. 1-A in North Hampton NH today and saw these list prices. They seem a bit high for February.

Rocky Mountain $279/ton
Okanagan $275/ton
New England Wood Pellets $269/ton

Interesting. New Englands down here in south-central MA are cheaper than up where they are made, so it seems....$259/ton.....Okies are $239/ton.........I wonder why that is?

even up here in tilton and gilford lowes is still selling a ton for 247

Prices not coming down around southeastern MA yet either. Still kind of early tho.
Most of the better brands are still close to $275-$300 a ton pickup.

The demand for specific brands around here are keeping the prices high.
In some cases, I have actually seen the price of a couple of brands go up within the last month.

This year my lint filled pockets rule.
If the prices of the "good stuff" do not drop by early spring, I will be purchasing
an "ok" pellet instead and just put up with the higher ash. They still heat my home.

Yeah, Dodges Agway in Hampton Falls, NH still has Cubex at 310/ton.

I thought you guys in the central and southern part of NH had the best prices but in Lancaster the price for Cubex is $275 and another dealer in town has Okanagans for $250.

NHPltBrnr said:
gbreda said:

Hearth Works in Hooksett has Cubex @ $279-. I believe the N.E. Pellets are the same price there.

NHPltbrnr, do they sell to anyone or just their customers? That's a good price. I may have to pick up a ton for next year. Dodge's Agway in Hampton Falls has Okanagans for $250 a ton.

Chan

CWR said:
NHPltBrnr said:
gbreda said:

Hearth Works in Hooksett has Cubex @ $279-. I believe the N.E. Pellets are the same price there.

NHPltbrnr, do they sell to anyone or just their customers? That's a good price. I may have to pick up a ton for next year. Dodge's Agway in Hampton Falls has Okanagans for $250 a ton.

Chan

As far as I can tell, they sell to anyone, haven't heard or been told otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.