1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. lessoil

lessoil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rumford, Maine
    Ash pan dimensions (Approx):
    11"HX15"WX9"D

Has been a very good stove so far.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bigjim13

Bigjim13 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Vermont
    You have the same model as I do and until now I had not noticed the 2 in the model #. We bought ours around the same time as well.

As for prices, HD here in VT has Freedom Fuel for $187/ton but they are only taking pre buy orders. At first I didn't understand but what they are doing is selling the truck before it arrives so unless you pay up front you may not get any. This is fine with me but may not work for some, I just went down the road to a local stove shop and paid $230 for a ton of Northern Bear Necessities (Lauzon/Cubex) figuring that going into January and February those would be a good choice.

Also the TSC here has instant heat for $223/ton, don't know much about those though. If prices keep up this way I may have to stock up in February this year rather than wait until spring/summer!
  3. lessoil

lessoil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rumford, Maine
  4. Turbo-Quad

Turbo-Quad New Member

Loc:
    Illinois
    lignetics are now $7 a bag here. I can get two bags of Somersets for that.
  5. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    these are really good pellets and the price is right esp. when you consider he delivers them for that. I finished off another ton of MWP and decided I had better start burning some of the 4 tons of Canadian Energex that I had bought earlier in the year. On day 3, I had this crumbly thick "bird's nest" in my burn pot. In the past two years, Energex is what I was burning. I got that bird's nest starting on day one and by day 3 it was the size of a doughnut. Now have OAK so it take longer to form. So cold here, I went back to another ton of MWP so no ash in the burn pot. Wish I had known how well those MWP had improved before I invested in the Energex.
  6. watersupply851

watersupply851 Member

Loc:
    Southern CT
    I just tried the Maine woods this weekend, lousy heat output for me. Best luck was with the Lignetics. I just picked up a ton for $249 which is about the going rate in my neck of the woods without traveling to a Big Box
  7. mdavis

mdavis Member

Loc:
    Kent Island
    Maryland's eastern shore - Kent Island

Lingnetics $249 - ton
    O'Malley's $250 - ton
  8. bugzme

bugzme New Member

Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    You guys are lucky we have only 1 supplier here in australia so far, with a price of $650 per ton