Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webmaster said:
Truth be told, having tens of millions of woodstoves running full time would give the Burning Issues people some ammunition, because the residential burning of wood is nowhere near as clean as Natural Gas, LP or even a decent oil burner....

Only if you consider where the smoke is produced to be more important then the total amount of smoke being produced. And since I for psychological reasons can not live in a high population density area, I don't.

Along side all the forest fires that burn every summer all summer long, I look at the smoke coming out of my chimney and I may as well be pis---g in the ocean.

One word, "switchgrass."

Now I feel really validated in burning wood. Total cost to me per BTU is the time I spend with my chainsaw :) (That's fun!), time I spend with my maul and sledge (ooohh, that's fun too :) ), time spent stacking and covering (okay not as much fun) and time spent playing with fire in my stove (now that's really fun!!) :)
So that equals a total cost per BTU of fun, fun, not as much fun, and really fun! Take that oil, propane, pellets, and electricity!! HA

Status
Not open for further replies.