Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up here I have pay a lot for everything, including pellets. NOT including delivery i pay 300 per ton for good pellets I.e. white lightening or dry creek. Cubes go for 330 per ton. I have Gs here for 209 at the box store.

Delivery runs around 65 bucks, so I avoid it and haul what I can myself.

Next year I might try to get 3 tons of granules for 283 per ton, plus the 65 delivery charge total. works out to about 300 without the hassle. Then grab a ton of Gs at the box store for the shoulder and be all set. 1100 for the season.

Most of the places in Southern MD are charging between $245-289 plus $35-80 for delivery...That's for Power Pellets and O'malley's. I'm not liking either of those.

Around here Magic Spark/Pro Pellets are $189/ton and Somersets are $219/ton. The dealer I get them from charges $20/ton for delivery.

Around here Magic Spark/Pro Pellets are $189/ton and Somersets are $219/ton. The dealer I get them from charges $20/ton for delivery.

I need to find a deal like that! I might try the O'Malley's since I found someone selling it for $188 +$35 delivery for each ton.

I need to find a deal like that! I might try the O'Malley's since I found someone selling it for $188 +$35 delivery for each ton.

I don't know anything about the pellets but that sounds like a reasonable deal for any pellet.

Hey Mommy, I'm in So Md also, where did you find that price?

That price was at Wood Floors plus. 410- 636-9663

They also sell Power Pellets (I personally don't like those) and Greenways. I think the Greenways are $245. Have you tried those?

BTW, TSC are selling Lignetics for $219 but if you need delivery it's around $120....ridiculous.

I find lumber yards (not HD, Lowes, etc) that sell pellets generally don't charge much for delivery. The two places closest to me (1 is a good half hour away) charge between $16-20 whether it's 1 ton or a boom truck load.

I wouldn't pay more than $225 for a ton of pellets in today's market taking into account current natural gas prices.
As for shipping - I wouldn't pay anything. I enjoy hooking up the trailer with my 3yr old and going out and getting them myself.

The southern states store in Tappahannock sells o'malleys for 260 ton and theyre just a few miles from the plant ,doesn't make sense.

They also sell.......... Greenways. I think the Greenways are $245. Have you tried those?

A number of forum members have burned them in the past and have REALLY liked them. Wish I could get them here, but haven't seen any in 2 yrs.

As always, buy 3-4 bags to test first.

My wife sez I'll pay whatever I have to as long as it's not more than 20% more than oil.

$210/ton and what is delivery;?

I paid $280 a ton delivered for Granueles LGs last spring. Good middle of the road pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.