Pellet pro Harman adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glange1969

Feb 8, 2014
Michigan
I just received my pellet vent pro Harman adapter today.
It doesn't seem to fit just right , it's seems to not go all the way on.
After putting the sealant on it and it cures will it be ok and stay on securely ?

It doesn't seem to fit just right

then odds are it's not, you have forced (pressurized) exhaust coming from a wood burning appliance, CARBON MONOXIDE is a byproduct of the burn

are you willing to bet your life on a short question posted on the web? not trying to be a jerk and i also value then opinions here, but at the end of the day, YOU have the last word on your safety

and i did spend all day in safety training today so i applogize

I just received my pellet vent pro Harman adapter today.
It doesn't seem to fit just right , it's seems to not go all the way on.
After putting the sealant on it and it cures will it be ok and stay on securely ?

glange,

Is this the adapter you have?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duravent-3P...-Harman-Appliance-Adapter-BLACK-/251379978846

I recently put one on my Harman Accentra and it fit VERY well. It slid onto the exhaust port about an inch deep with no play at all. I felt as though I almost didn't need to seal it. I did, however, use high temp sealant. If your adapter doesn't fit this snugly and deeply, it seems something isn't right. Are you sure you were sent the correct adapter? The model number of mine is 3PVP-ADHB. The "H" designates Harman, I think.

I think the Pellet Pro is a slightly different size than a normal Harman. I recall mine being a bit loose and they secured it with 3 sheet metal screws and a lot of high temp silicone. I have no professional experience to back up this opinion, so take it for what it is. You would probably be best to play it safe and have a professional take a look.

That's the one , it seems to fit snug when I first put it on , but wobbles a bit
when I try to put the T on.

Hmmm. Not sure. My set-up doesn't have a tee until outside the structure. It goes straight out the back through a hole in a brick hearth so there is no way for it wobble. Here is a photo of mine. Does it look like the adapter on yours has seated as far as the adapter on mine?

Attachments

• New 008.JPG
    New 008.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 232
That's the one , it seems to fit snug when I first put it on , but wobbles a bit
when I try to put the T on.

Sorry for going off topic glange but is the profile pic your pup? Looks like an english lab? I currently have a black english lab, 5 years old, and am looking at getting him a playmate in the near future and want the white colored. Great looking dog! Get him from a breeder?

mr47930,
Yes she is a English Lab and she will be bred her first heat following her 2nd b-day in Nov.
Check out my website at crystalskyelabs.com if your interested, I deliver puppies in person also.

This is it , pvp - adhb 3inch

glange,

Not sure what to tell you. Maybe fire up the stove and check for any visible signs of smoke leakage, place a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in room with stove (this is mandatory anyways), don't sleep in the same room as the stove (and have another carbon monoxide and smoke detector in your bedrooms).....just some ideas that might make you feel better and ensure your safety (and the safety of those beautiful dogs on your web site!)

Good luck and be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.