Pellet Pro Vent Cleanout T trouble!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I just installed a Pellet Pro vent cleanout T and flex adapter. Then I proceeded to take the cleanout cap off and wow what a PITA to get the inside stainless steel cap off to do the cleaning! I had to bang away with the hammer and screw driver! I understand that stainless steel cap is for use with multi-fuels but this stove is wood pellets only!

Does anyone else have this problem. That cap may never come off after a couple of years?

What about just removing the cap and not using it. This stove will never burn anything but wood pellets?

What do you guys do?

See pic below
Yellow is stainless steel inner cap.
Red arrow is standard metal outer cap

Attachments

• PelletProVentAr.jpg
    PelletProVentAr.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 0118131709.jpg
    0118131709.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 209
Pics posted paint a different story than what I was thinking. Two caps on the same end??? Why??

Is there a spray you can use like dry moly spray or graphite and a a oil filter wrench? .

Id use anti seize on reinstallation. I have no porblems getting mine off but i know that my horizonal cap has been a pain to remove sometimes. Did the anti seize and no problems.

Reactions: Gary Gileau
Hello

Well the inner cap is next to the trash and if everything works fine, the next step is in the trash.

In this case there seems to be no reason for 2 caps!

Some silicone grease on those ends will make it easier to remove next time. I even used lithium grease as well.

They loosen up if you play with it. ***insert smiley face here***

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.