Pellet recomendation for Englander 25 pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

Jun 5, 2013
Central NY
Hey everyone. Getting ready for the season. I usually burn lignetics or press to logs in dead of winter. Out of everything I've tried they seem to burn the best and hottest. Any recommendations for other hot burning pellets?

Thank Nick

What is available to you locally? I tried 3 brands last year including Lignetics and Hamer hot ones were the hottest and cleanest that I burned.

Reactions: nick123
What is available to you locally? I tried 3 brands last year including Lignetics and Hamer hot ones were the hottest and cleanest that I burned.
I have lignetics and sometimes press to logs available..its tough around here...we have a new england plant here and thats mostly what get sold around here. I burn thme in the fall.

Obviously higher grade pellets should burn hotter or longer or both but my PDVC and my neighbor`s PDV burns any pellet you throw into it . That`s not to say either one is a pellet miser but neither stove has been picky about what pellet it gets fed. There are ample of adjustments to compensate for the differences .

Reactions: CTguy9230
Bought 5 tons of Fireside Ultras this morning at Home Depot. Hopefully these put some heat out and I have a good experience!

Reactions: Pete Zahria
Obviously higher grade pellets should burn hotter or longer or both but my PDVC and my neighbor`s PDV burns any pellet you throw into it . That`s not to say either one is a pellet miser but neither stove has been picky about what pellet it gets fed. There are ample of adjustments to compensate for the differences .

Yes my stove will burn anything, but some throw more heat than others.

I burned 4 tons of FSU last winter. As far as big box pellets are concerned these are the best I have gotten around these parts. I will probably be getting 4 more tons of FSU for this year.

Reactions: nick123
Status
Not open for further replies.