Pellet Retailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to contact jtakeman as I believe he has contact with Doug aka- Mr Warm. I know he handles okies, but not sure if any other brands

Hi Scott,

Contact the mills directly. They will hook you up to a local distributor in your area. The mills won't sell directly to you unless there isn't a distributor/warehouser in your area. To get a variety of pellets you may have to deal with a few distributors?

There are a couple of pellet guys(LW-CT where ya at?) that hang here on a regular basis. I'm sure they will gladly offer up some tips as long as you aren't competing in their same area?

Be nice to get another source of Vermont's down here in Southeast Mass (Cape).
In case J&S run out or switch brands
....just sayin'...

---Nailer---

busy days these days, selling pellets. Scott, Doug will I am sure be glad to chat with you about this. Selling pellets is a different ballgame....a lot of things to learn, mostly being that in order to make money and be competitive, you need to sell ALOT of them. That said, if you're keeping them as a convenience for your customers, my advice would be to forgo your competition, totally disregard the silly profit margin they are making, and mark your pellets up accordingly....forget what someone else's business plan is, follow you're own.....folks WILL complain about your price, even if you are the lowest price in New England....so, get by that and you are good. Oh, and stay away from Infernals.....but you already know that.

As for competition, I don't sell anywhere near Rehobeth, and Im sure Scott doesn't either.

I am swimming pool contractor.

My primary product is construction, renovation, mechanicals, and leak detection.

I do not have a retail, I sell a fair amount of chems to my customer base, we deliver.

I recommending selling the "boutique" high quality pellets. Those that buy them know they are top shelf, and pay the premium. Those that don't buy any crap the can score cheap elsewhere and often wonder what wrong with their water.

Seasonal contractor to seasonal contractor, sell the best & sell it to the those that understand value vs. price.

I recommending selling the "boutique" high quality pellets. Those that buy them know they are top shelf, and pay the premium. Those that don't buy any crap the can score cheap elsewhere and often wonder what wrong with their water.

Tell them to quit throwing pellets in their water. ;lol

brandon (one of my techs) knows the fellow that owns Turman down in western VA though shipping up that way may be a stretch they are an excellent pellet let me know and i'll have him get you his contact info if ya want it

of course you could always go to pelletheat.org for contact info on a lot of mills and work back that way to distributers to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.