Pellet rookie, New member.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
being in WI, check out "Marth Wood pellets" out of marathon, great pellets made in your area. ive tested them in my shop and they were a great product. still curious where you purchased through. with direct sales i like to see where buisness is flowing from.

OH!!! and BTW , im remiss in my duties! Welcome to the ESW family!!!!!

stoveguy2esw said:
being in WI, check out "Marth Wood pellets" out of marathon, great pellets made in your area. ive tested them in my shop and they were a great product. still curious where you purchased through. with direct sales i like to see where buisness is flowing from.

OH!!! and BTW , im remiss in my duties! Welcome to the ESW family!!!!!

I agree with Mike on Marth pellets. They were some of the better pellets I ran through my Englander....I would have no issue with buying them by the ton.

Mike,

I bought the stove from Home Depot, and I will look for those pellets. I have read about them and quite a few other brands. Thanks for tips guys!!

@ the local dealer here in wisconsin Marth are considered lower end.
no comparison to high quality softwoods available for $20/ton more.
allegedly they buy fiber from multiple sources so its hit or miss year to year.
just my 2 cents from a local bro.

DaveyWoodard said:
the TSC store right around the corner has propellets for 235 a ton are they any good?

Good middle of the road pellet. $235 is a decent price.

smoke show said:
@ the local dealer here in wisconsin Marth are considered lower end.
no comparison to high quality softwoods available for $20/ton more.
allegedly they buy fiber from multiple sources so its hit or miss year to year.
just my 2 cents from a local bro.

If Marth's are your lower end? You guys are spoiled with some goodies out there! I burned and liked the Marth and they would go toe to toe with alot of very good brands near me! You guys can send them my way if you don't want them, I will gladly burn them anyday of the week. I hope the local Lowes store get's some in come fall. I want more!

We will have to send you some Inferno's, ACP and Lake Region if you want to really try some of our lower end(crap) brands.

DaveyWoodard said:
the TSC store right around the corner has propellets for 235 a ton are they any good?

How much were they getting for the Marth's?

I agree with imacman(Pete) on the Propellets about upper middle of the road. Did TSC have any Hardwood heats? They will easily dust the propellets! But I still would choose the Marth's.

As smoke show stated you have some very nice softwoods out there. I would be looking around for them too.

Get the marths. I like em. At least get a few bags and try em. I would not hesitate to buy a ton if you can. Good luck with your new stove!!
Schoondog

schoondog said:
Get the marths. I like em. At least get a few bags and try em. I would not hesitate to buy a ton if you can. Good luck with your new stove!!
Schoondog

I agree. BTW, where you been hiding Schoon??

I've been pretty busy. Aunts been sick and working 2 jobs has kinda got me tuckered out. I'm trying to keep an eye on you folks but must admit i haven't been around much. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in to see how it felt. Hope all is well with the good folk here at Hearth.
And I like the pro pellets too. How much are the marths? Man I wish I could find them @$235 a ton.
Schoondog

schoondog said:
Man I wish I could find them @$235 a ton.
Schoondog
here in Wis. marth were $164/ton early buy.
prolly $175-180 now.
lower end=lower price.

smoke show said:
schoondog said:
Man I wish I could find them @$235 a ton.
Schoondog
here in Wis. marth were $164/ton early buy.
prolly $175-180 now.
lower end=lower price.

Smoke show is teasing us New Englanders again. Really good pellets are around $235-$240/ton in CT. I can get lower grade pellets for about $199/ton. Dragon Mountain's which are the same as Uncle jeds are closer to $250/ton.

Schoondog,

Get your butt to BT for the Cubex or Hamers for $235/ton! Don't wait to long as the prices are already on the rise! CT pellet just sent me a price update and there prices have gone up abit and expected to go up a little bit more. I would say about $250 minimum by fall for the good stuff is going to be average prices.

Good to hear from you! Take it easy.
jay

Place nearby has Uncle Jeds.... Pine 225/ton Douglas fir 285/ton
Delivery 53.00/ 1 pallet 95/ 4 pallets

DaveyWoodard said:
Place nearby has Uncle Jeds.... Pine 225/ton Douglas fir 285/ton
Delivery 53.00/ 1 pallet 95/ 4 pallets
keep looking, that seems a lil spendy for these parts.
I'm north of you but I can find quality pellets under $200 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.