Pellet Sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need any pellets, you better scap as many tons of them you can....at that price, they won't last long.

JIBLANE said:
I would be on my way to Lowes if they had that price on Long Island NY.

I would be stopping at uhaul to get a BIG truck first!

Damn at that price i would buy them all they would lose a ton of money delivering me a truck load for 65$
Thats must have happened to Home Depo cause there stock is way down.

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
What Lowes exactly? In what city????

Dex, Really??? Where you gonna put them? hehe Sick I tell ya! ;-)

Got a 30 x 40 barn I have been cutting wood in. Keeping the wood for 3-4 yrs out, out there. But still plenty of room.

Yes... Very Sick.

Still want to know where. I have 10% off Lowes coupons. Thats abot $140 a ton after tax (Yes. Pellets are Taxed in Ohio)..

So where they at? This Hog is Hungry!

Location is Tiffin, not sure of the time frame for the sale, or if it applies to other stores just passing it on. Might have to stop back tomorrow, after deer hunting, opening day for gun season.

Better grab them before you go.............

Might not be any left when I get there!!!

J/K.... Good luck tomorrow. I cant get out till Fri. (Have Fri, Sat, Sun off). I normally take the beginning of the week. But my Partner at work wanted it. I have had it for almost a decade. So he goes out tomorrow and I must wait.

Oh, only about 9 1/2 hours and 530 miles.
Don't laugh it Almost pays with the Prices over here. Just can't put enough pellets on my bicycle.

from personal experience, if you would post a picture of the sale price placard here, others could use the photo to write to Lowes Home Office and complain that they cannot buy them for that price at their local Lowes. This is exactly how I was able to buy 4 tons this spring at my local Lowes for $3.74 a bag instead of their asking price of $5.99. It just takes some legwork and phone calls to get the ball rolling.

Anyone know if Green Supreme's are decent??? I just called the Tiffin, Oh Lowes and as stated they have them for $152.00/ton.
Called Menard's in Sandusky and they have Somerset's, but they raised the price $50.00/ton. The guy said they can't keep pellets in stock they're going out the door so fast. I will be heading to Tiffin in the morning if you guys say the Green Supremes are good!! Thanks.

Eatonpcat said:
Anyone know if Green Supreme's are decent??? I just called the Tiffin, Oh Lowes and as stated they have them for $152.00/ton.
Called Menard's in Sandusky and they have Somerset's, but they raised the price $50.00/ton. The guy said they can't keep pellets in stock they're going out the door so fast. I will be heading to Tiffin in the morning if you guys say the Green Supremes are good!! Thanks.

I'd be snatching up some of those Green Supremes like a hobo on a ham sandwich at that price plus a 10% coupon! :) I liked the ones I burned already. They are supposed to be the same as NEWP.

mepellet said:
Eatonpcat said:

I'd be snatching up some of those Green Supremes like a hobo on a ham sandwich at that price plus a 10% coupon! :) I liked the ones I burned already. They are supposed to be the same as NEWP.

Thanks, I'm heading out in the morning!!

mepellet said:
I wonder why they are selling them so cheap. Hopefully they lower the price around here. Last i saw it was $225 a ton for them at our local Lowes.
Last thing that sort of store wants to do is be stuck with any pellets past the end of the season. Manager probably thought they had too many left, what with everyone stocking up by now, panicked, and decided to dump the rest below cost.

Eatonpcat said:
they have the green supremes here in vermont at aubachon hardware for $6.49 a bag...its not a great pellet, but for under $200 a ton thats a steal. Its a short stubby kind of a soft pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.