Pellet storage & Humidity levels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbRubb

Dec 19, 2007
Hagerstown, MD
Hello all. I'm concerned about the storage of my leftover tons of pellets for next year's season. They are stored in a separate narrow room under my porch that is accessible from the basement. The temp stays around 55 being in ground, but the humidity is around 50% presently. I'm not sure if that changes much. The bags are stacked to the ceiling - ~ 1 1/2 tons per pallet. Should I be concerned that the humidity will affect them for next year?

yeah, I thought about the dehumidifier. It would be a pain as the space is tight to begin with and there is no electric nearby. I don't necessarily want a cord running across my basement floor for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.