Pellet Stove advise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dolores57

Nov 19, 2005
Hello You folks very extremely helpful to us when we making up our minds on which woodstove insert to buy. I now come asking for help again. Our insert heated our house very well and we were pretty happy with it but due to health issues we have decided to switch to a pellet stove. Also wood prices have gone through the roof and although we had planned on burning free wood off of our property, because my husband health took a downward turn we ended up having to purchase wood as he was not able to cut, split , haul and stack.
A friend in colorado heats her house with a Quadrafire pellet stove and is very happy with it. She tells me that it has a thermostat , so that if she is gone for the day and a cold snap hits she comes home to a toasty house. Sounds good to me.
We live in NM and get get some pretty cold nights, but the days are usually warm and sunny so a thermostat would be helpful. Our house is 1,200 sf and one story.
Besides the Quadrafire from searching posts on this forum it seems the Harman and Englander are thought of highly.
Could you pellet stove owners chime in on this for me please.

hi dolores,
thermostats are either part of or available for most all pellet stoves. and in your case with your climate ( i have lived in the high desert myself in el paso so i understand what you mean)would likely be a good idea. as for the brands you have named, i am the customer service manager for englander so im not exactly impartial in that respect , but harmon and quad are both very solid top of the line units and would definately serve you well. any one of the 3 would be a good solid stove.

should you like to learn more about my product line , please feel free to pm me with any questions you might have ( i generally dont do "sales type stuff" in the forum "professional courtesy" to my counterparts) but i'd be happy to help in any way i can.

mike ESW

Status
Not open for further replies.