Pellet stove and power inverters (Englander 25-pvdc)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbotech

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2010
NE
Looking at the few pellet stove control boards I have seen on the web show that the motors are controlled using triacs most of the time. Since a triac is fired by a device sensing the 115 vac phase then modified sine wave inverters cause a problem.
The question is, do the stoves work at all or do they just run full blast? I was wondering if anyone tried a modified sine wave inverter with a year 2004 or newer Englander 25-pvdc.

Hi Turbo,

I've been looking into UPS backups for my Englander as well. I've been very worried about the results of the typical "modified sine wave" from a typical inverter or ups. I found the following link that seems like it would solve the problem of the stepped wave.

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/about-us/news/adaptive-sinewave-ups.html

The UPS systems in the link are a little more expensive than the basic UPS systems, but much less expensive than a similar system with a pure sine wave.

Hope that helps.

the electronics in the control boards on our stoves do not like modified sine wave , a pure sine wave inverter or an adaptive such as posted above would be the only viable solutioons in battery backups for englander stoves 2004 and newer

Status
Not open for further replies.