Pellet Stove Annual Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSchenk

Oct 19, 2009
CT
Hi,
Do any of you have any advise or information about cleaning your pellet stove yourself? What brands of oil to use? How to clean it? How to clean exhaust pipe? I have a Quadrafire Vernon free standing stove.

regards,

Peter

Welcome Genious.

You probably want to post this question in the pellet forum, this forum is for wood burners.

BTW, you don't need to use oil to clean a pellet stove. You just need to vacuum it out thoroughly and completely (with a proper vac). A 3" or 4" brush works great on the flue, but this doesn't need to be done often. There's some people that use a leaf blower as well, this works pretty good too. Do a search for more info. Also consult the your owners manual. ;)

Good luck.

Wet1 said:
Welcome Genious.

You probably want to post this question in the pellet forum, this forum is for wood burners.

BTW, you don't need to use oil to clean a pellet stove. You just need to vacuum it out thoroughly and completely (with a proper vac). A 3" or 4" brush works great on the flue, but this doesn't need to be done often. There's some people that use a leaf blower as well, this works pretty good too. Do a search for more info. Also consult the your owners manual. ;)

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply for some reason I cant post in the other forum?

I thought THIS was the pellet forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.