Pellet stove appliance adapter mounting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cantman

Oct 30, 2007
Pennsylvania
Quick Question....
I am getting ready to install flue pipe (Pellet Vent Pro) to my Harman XXV. I understand how to connect and seal
(high temp silicone) the flue pipe, but the stove appliance adapter is different on the stove end. Do I slide the
stove appliance adapter over the exhaust outlet on the stove and seal with high temp silicone? I feel I should
at least put a stainless band clamp over the adapter or drill through the adapter (at the stove side) into the exhaust
outlet and install some sheet metal screws. Will tapping the threads and installing machine screws be better?
Any help appreciated.

Silicone, band clamp, screws.... whatever makes you feel better. Is this joint going to be supporting a lot of weight? Not sure why you think you need more here. I would put a bead of silicone on the crimped part of the adaptor and jam it in.

The adapter will not be supporting the weight of the flue pipe. My main concern
would be the exhaust outlet to adapter joint coming loose or leaking. Maybe I'm
just over-thinking things. It seems "just push it on and silicone it" is not fool proof.
I'd rather additionally band clamp it or preferably add a few screws into the mix and
then silicone over them.

I have removed a pipe connected to a stove with only silicone.... it puts up quite a fight. I think you would be fine with just the silicone.

Status
Not open for further replies.