Pellet stove / boiler combo..... what you think??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a hybrid!

My initial thought would be that I would not consider such a device unless I knew 100% exactly (from an independent test) how much of the heat went into the water as opposed to into the air. Looking at the design, I would guess 25% or less of the heat goes into the water - which would be VERY little.

Then there are the concerns about whether it is safety tested, parts available, etc. etc.

In general I think a boiler should be a boiler and a stove a stove. There may be some exceptions....but this looks a bit pieced together.

I wouldn't jump on that either till a NAME starts to surface that someone recognizes. Ebay has about the integrity of a Panamanian registered cruise ship. That goes double since no one has apparently seen these critters before. I would love something like that but as the Russian roulet player said as he handed over the automatic. "You go first"

the guy that sells them spent more time asking how I want it shipped and that he can get it out to me today than he spent trying to answer questions about how it is built.

he now calls me every week asking if I want it sent out!!!

last call from him I said to get lost and stop calling.

In my Job at the border I like to say, "I get lied to for a living". That about sums up your stove salesman. When you ask one thing and their lips go into hyperdrive about something else the bullshit detector rings. That sort of response is the best online or on the phone bullshit detector that I ever saw. It rates right up there with looking down, all around with fidgety responses: everyplace but right at you. Take a look at George Bush when he is answering a hard question if you want a lesson in the art of bullshit detection. Granted he really is a very poor liar but for illustration purposes his actions serve as a good lesson. Thats the trouble with online sales, you can't see what they are doing so you have to fall back on the lesser senses. Your Ebay guy sounds like a cheap used car dealer to me. Too bad there are plenty of suckers out there who aren't as smart as you are.

REMEMBER WELL: IF YOU ASK ONE THING AND THEY ANSWER SOMETHING ELSE THEY ARE FEEDING YOU FLY CHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.