Pellet Stove Chimney Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dac122 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
dac122 said:
As mentioned I went from 7" down to 3". So I have a 7" to 6" adapter that I sheet metal screwed and silicon-ed. On to that I added my 6" to 3" starter collar, which once again I sheet metal screwed and silicon-ed. My starter collar was originally a 6" cap. So I traced my pipe over it and carefully cut a 3" centered hole. I then simply inserted the 3" pipe and put a nice bead of silicone around it.

Because my chimney takes a 45 degree angle over to my stove I added two small L-shaped brackets to hold the 3" pipe into the 6" collar to support any chimney pipe weight.

I can post pics. Just say so.

All screw tips get coats of silicone before sinking them and, and you always use high temp silicone.

Wish I had known about the metal tape idea.

what is the clearance from the single wall connector to your pitched cieling??

I'd have to go back and measure but pretty sure it is more than 18 inches.

single wall pellet vent needs 6- 9" (!!i think!!) unless the manual says otherwise...
even 9" is overkill unless you have a chimney fire(very rare with pellet stoves, but i have seen a few!!)
looked pretty close in one of the pics, but it is early i just woke up

Wood Heat Stoves said:
dac122 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
dac122 said:
As mentioned I went from 7" down to 3". So I have a 7" to 6" adapter that I sheet metal screwed and silicon-ed. On to that I added my 6" to 3" starter collar, which once again I sheet metal screwed and silicon-ed. My starter collar was originally a 6" cap. So I traced my pipe over it and carefully cut a 3" centered hole. I then simply inserted the 3" pipe and put a nice bead of silicone around it.

Because my chimney takes a 45 degree angle over to my stove I added two small L-shaped brackets to hold the 3" pipe into the 6" collar to support any chimney pipe weight.

All screw tips get coats of silicone before sinking them and, and you always use high temp silicone.

single wall pellet vent needs 6- 9" (!!i think!!) unless the manual says otherwise...
even 9" is overkill unless you have a chimney fire(very rare with pellet stoves, but i have seen a few!!)

The Simpson 3-inch and 4-inch PelletVent Pro advertises it needs only one inch of clearance to combustibles.

MTPReggie said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
dac122 said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
dac122 said:

The Simpson 3-inch and 4-inch PelletVent Pro advertises it needs only one inch of clearance to combustibles.

yes, i'm well aware...
but thats not single wall connector p-vent is double wall with air space
the 6x7 increaser isn't double walled is it??

Wood Heat Stoves said:
the 6x7 increaser isn't double walled is it??

Don't know about his. The 3-inch to 6-inch increaser I have is double walled (Simpson DuraVent DVL)...

Status
Not open for further replies.