pellet stove dealer in N.H. seacoast?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi, Has anyone dealt with Home & Hearth in Hampton Falls? If so I would appreciate any input you could give me on your experience with them. we are thinking of buying a stove from them and want to make sure they have a good reputation, service after the sale etc.
Thanks
JB

When I stopped by to talk to them about buying a pellet stove they were courteous and were able to answer most of my questions. But when I was telling them what other brands I was looking at he had nothing but bad things to say about every other stove on the market except the one he was selling. It seemed that he was more interested in bashing the other sove manufactures than telling me why the stove he sells was better.

I ended up buying a stove from these guy's There about 20 min north of Home and hearth

http://www.nordicstove.com/

Just my 2 cent.s Worth the price charged!

My experience was not good at all with them. I was looking to buy a Harman last year and gave them a call and told them I am in Maine. They said they had four in stock. I said OK I will drive down from Maine and buy one right now. I drive over an hour and get there and they say for me to leave a $500 deposit and they will call after they test the stove. They did not tell me this or I would not have driven all the way down there. To make a long story short they lied to me and did not have the stove in stock. I called to find out when my stove was going to be ready and they said to hold on and put the phone down on the counter for like a half hour. I called back like three times and they did the same thing. I finally emailed them and let them know that I put a stop payment on my check and that they were very dishonest.

I would not buy anything from them, very dishonest!

Thanks for the heads up. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up purchasing your stove?
JB

I bought my enviro empress from them in june. I called and asked if they had any in stock and they did have one left and it was $300 less than the dealer up here in maine. I drove down and had no problem with them. I got my stove the same day. I had a blower go bad on the stove and they ordered one for me no questions asked. Unfortunately the part was back ordered and took 2 months to get. I dont blame them for that. I would have no problem buying from them again.

My experience with Home and Hearth was fine. They gave me an OK price, told me how long it would be on back order, called me a little earlier than estimated, delivered on schedule. I had everything ready for hookup when they arrived. They did the job and left. No surprises. No complaints.

Never have dealt with them as a customer, but have dealt with them in a professional sense, and find Jimmy Fallon and his employees to know their Harmans, and deal fairly. Its not a coincidence they are the largest single-store dealer Harman has.

I bought my Harman Advance from a dealer in Pelham NH and I would NEVER go back. The guy sell it to you and if you ever have a problem he will never address it and will blame you for being ignorant. His wife is equally as rude if not ruder and will most likely ruin his business. That being said, a friend of mine bought his Advance at Home and Hearth and he said they were great. When I was having problems with mine, and left on my own to figure it out, I called H&H;and they communicated to me that they only service what they sell, but they did take the time to walk me through some troubleshooting things and ultimately helped me out. I live in Ma and a dealer opened up a year and a half ago in Medford Ma called Buchanon Fireplace. I sold my Advance and got a P61 A from Buchanon a few weeks ago. Great people, great installation, and a great stove. Before sealing the deal with Buchanon I did call H&H;and they gave me a quote which was $50.00 higher than Buchanon, but that to me was nothing. The only thing they would do is charge me a $35.00 fee each time they had to come out to service the stove which was reasonable. The thing that they do that I really like is they fire the stove up there and let it run for 6 or so hours to make sure that there are no problems. I was really on the fence and torn between the two dealers but I went with the one that was only 20 min. away. I could not be more happier with my new dealer and my new stove; the Advance and the P61 A are entirely different, and i'm glad I made the switch. In fact, Buchanon Fireplace is opening another store on the south shore.

All in all, I would buy from H&H;in a second.

Best of luck in your decision!!!

I made a mistake. I bought my empress from Jackson fireplace and patio in Hampton Falls . I would check them out since they are just up the road from home and hearth.

Last year I tried to buy hearth pad from them. They said it was a special order (which it was) and that's fine. Paid for it the day I ordered it. Called every week to see if it was in yet. They kept kept saying it's back ordered (not really their fault anyway). Couldn't wait any longer so I cancelled the order and they sent me a check pretty quickly. Had my neighbor who does granite counter tops make me a custom granite one (looks frigin awesome) for less $$, and I didn't have to go pick it up. It's always WHO you know, right? Bought NEWP from them later that month cause they were the best price. Good selection of H-pads and pellets at reasonable prices. So, from my standpoint customer service was good.

I got my Accentra Insert from them last year. Getting the stove was ok. They were helpful and courteous. Howewver after sales is a bit hit and miss. I think when there really busy, which they are apparently a lot of the time, trying to get hold of someone to help is an issue.Several times they promise to return calls and NEVER did.
Having said that, they do know there product.

Status
Not open for further replies.