Pellet stove door gasket - white or graphite impregnated?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

What is the difference between a simple white door gasket and a graphite impregnated for usage in a stove?

Attachments

• DoorGasketWhite.jpg
    DoorGasketWhite.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 401
  • DoorGasketGraphite.jpg
    DoorGasketGraphite.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 443
About $92.51 from the looks of it... Holy crap, I don't have an answer but there can't be $92 worth of difference... it's a gasket!

Unless that's like a 100 foot roll or something?

Hello

The 100 ft roll is at the local Stove Shop and I can buy it by the Foot. So the price is not the issue here guys!

I don't think it will make a difference Don.

The graphite one is slipperier.

You'll have to provide more information.

Hello Again

Here is more info from Aubuchon Hardware Web Site
http://heating-and-cooling.hardware...stove-gasket-tape-kit-with-cement-268433.aspx

MSDS for Product shown below.
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/msds/268433.pdf

This handy repair kit replaces burnt off and worn out gaskets on air-tight heating appliances such as wood stoves, coal stoves, furnaces, stokers, fireplace insert stoves, etc. Our Gasket Cement and full directions are included in the package. Bubble-packed and carded for convenience of display. Graphite impregnated fiberglass looks better while resisting sticking and creosot build-up. Seal lasts longer and efficiency is increased. This Rutland Grapho-Glas Stove Gasket Kit is one of many top quality items in our Stove Gaskets & Cements department.

Graphite Impregnated may be better :)

Attachments

• DoorGasketGraphiteKit.jpg
    DoorGasketGraphiteKit.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 325
Status
Not open for further replies.