Pellet stove electricity costs............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
Just got my 04 Jan - 04 feb electric bill and the KWHR usage was practically identical with last years corresponding bill. I used just under 24 KWh per day both years. ($126 last yr $127 this yr)
This Jan-Feb time frame being an average of 5* colder than last and the first winter with my pellet stove it appears my stove might use less juice than the oil furnace does. I`m probably splitting hairs but still, I`m quite pleased with this.

EatenByLimestone said:
Was the rest of the house as warm as it was with the furnace?

Matt

Oh yes, since I only use the pellet stove in the finished basement (some heat goes upstairs) but the oil furnace is really the prime source of heat for the first and second floors.

It's great ain't it??

Both my electric and NG bill went down after I got the stove.
Guess the furnace used alot more juice than I had thought.
House is ALOT warmer now too.

Using my Kill-A-Watt EZ meter for one month on my Castile told me that it cost me $9.44 to run my stove for one full month.

Steve

Master of Fire,

I see you are burning a Harman P38. I've got a Harman P61 with similar blowers and feed motor as yours. When it's idling along it uses about 100 watts, going to 130 watts when the feed motor kicks in.

I ran a Kill-a-Watt meter on the stove outlet for a couple weeks during the cold weather last month. The P61 used about 2½ KWh per day or 75 KWh per month of electricity. At our rates (increasing in March...) that amounts to about $6 per month to run the stove.

dpwoods said:
Master of Fire,

I see you are burning a Harman P38. I've got a Harman P61 with similar blowers and feed motor as yours. When it's idling along it uses about 100 watts, going to 130 watts when the feed motor kicks in.

I ran a Kill-a-Watt meter on the stove outlet for a couple weeks during the cold weather last month. The P61 used about 2½ KWh per day or 75 KWh per month of electricity. At our rates (increasing in March...) that amounts to about $6 per month to run the stove.

75 KWh per month @.18 KWh delivered = $13.50 where I am.

This might help
here is some detailed voltage and amp charges for enviro

Attachments

• enviropowerusage.jpg
    enviropowerusage.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 303
  • envirovoltage.jpg
    envirovoltage.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.