Pellet Stove Embers Start a Chain of Events

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
From WHAM 1180 in Rochester, NY

A Clarkson family woke up early Wednesday to find their car, motorcycle and pickup truck all on fire in their driveway.
The family's barking dog woke them up around 2:30 a.m.
Brockport Firefighters put the fire out.
Deputies say a resident there had put some embers from a pellet stove into a container which caught the motorycle on fire.. That tipped over, spilling some gas, and then the pickup and the car caught on fire also.
There were no injuries.

This would seem to be a clear case of evolution in action.

and todays lesson: never park your car, truck, and motorcycle so close to each other.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I love(ed) brockport...

Folks just can't seem to figure it out, that they need to dump the ashes out in the yard or if thats not workable, stir in some water ????????

I never leave the ashes in a container anywhere. Thye get dumped in the yard and scattered well on the damp ground.

These folks are lucky that the house was not involved.

Snowy

Does seem to be a lot of that going on.

I'll bet some of them check out lamp sockets by sticking their tongues in them and turning the switch a few times.

Folks just can't seem to figure it out, that they need to dump the ashes out in the yard or if thats not workable, stir in some water ????????

I never leave the ashes in a container anywhere. Thye get dumped in the yard and scattered well on the damp ground.

These folks are lucky that the house was not involved.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.