Pellet Stove Exhaust pipe options??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
So after messing around with Dura-vent and finding more leaks than 3 rolls of 3M high temp aluminum tape can address.

...... I was wondering what are the other options?

I was thinking of maybe ones that just work and don't leak.

If there is a thread already on this (yes I did a search ;) ) let me know, Thank you!

Dura Vent Pellet Vent Pro. Not the stuff from Lowes, Home Depot, or TSC.

Eric

Reactions: kenstogie
Reactions: kinsmanstoves
Disclaimer I am not a pelet expert. But I reserch things to death .

Do a serch here for Selkirk DT nice stuff and a lot of feedback here

I am going with ICC Excel pellet. got my hands on some over the weekend. Nice silicone gasket and also a double wall pipe. The is a trick to getting sections them together though. Lick your finger and swipe the gasket before assembly. I had to take an elbow section off a length of pipe ... It took 2 people playing tug of war. I dont understand why they suggest screwing this together? when its on it is on.

I just wasnt going to cheap out on pipe. Deal w/ leaks & tape and silicone . not if i can avoid it

Disclaimer I am not a pelet expert. But I reserch things to death .

Do a serch here for Selkirk DT nice stuff and a lot of feedback here

I am going with ICC Excel pellet. got my hands on some over the weekend. Nice silicone gasket and also a double wall pipe. The is a trick to getting sections them together though. Lick your finger and swipe the gasket before assembly. I had to take an elbow section off a length of pipe ... It took 2 people playing tug of war. I dont understand why they suggest screwing this together? when its on it is on.

I just wasnt going to cheap out on pipe. Deal w/ leaks & tape and silicone . not if i can avoid it

Slip fittings are not mechanically secure. Hence the screws.

Some great suggestions. :) thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.