pellet stove gases

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't the ash that Roy wants, it's the CO2 in the exhaust, he is going to suction the gases out of the flue via the ash clean out on the tee.

Remember to watch the Ph levels as that ash will change it if used in quantity.

I add mine to the compost pile.

I know I have some challenges to the system. The air temp leaving the chimney is 400*f (204*c) and I am thinking of installing a inter-cooler or a transmission cooler before returning the air back into my work shop. The temp out side is 5*f (-15*c). It is going to be about matching the system with the amount I would want to grow. I wanted to have the system up and running before summer. I want to start small and work my way up. I plan on using an old small air compressor and have the suction system hooked up to the chimney with the cooler in between. The bioreactore will be about 140 gallons (528 L) system. Later I will hook up a dryer.

Then when the algae is dryed. I will run it through a oil screw press. Extract the oil for a diesel generator. Use the pellets for the pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.