pellet stove heating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the convection blower is not working. That would cause your room to not warm up quickly. I think they sell new ones right at the store. You could get one, give it a try and if that's not the fix return it. Just a thought.

slow-al said:
I don't have an answer to your problem but I do like the railings along the sides of the stove. Nice touch.

Thoe are a child resistant gate, you find it under "fireplace gate", and it has a opening gate for enterance (I step over it...LOL), an buy one more 2 ft. section. All about $200. You can also use it around you grill, just a couple of screws in the wall.

Gio said:
Kiki ! The lightbulb just went off.
Last year I noticed my neighbors stove (same as yours) was doing the same thing. The flame looked very good and the stove got hot but it wasn`t throwing much heat. It took me a while but I eventually diagnosed the problem. The distribution fan wasn`t running. Sounds absurd I know but he ran it for a week (never knew) before I arrived and noticed the problem.
I removed the motor from the stove manually turned it and it came alive. Been running good ever since and pouring out the heat.
Englander sent him a new fan assembly and now he has a spare.
Great company IMO.
Check that out and let us know. We care.

Awesome!! THANK YOU. We`ll try that! I`ll post back with results tomorrow.

amick780 said:
Sounds like the convection blower is not working. That would cause your room to not warm up quickly. I think they sell new ones right at the store. You could get one, give it a try and if that's not the fix return it. Just a thought.

Yeah, that thing makes alot of noise in SU or SD. Englander is shipping a new one. I should have it soon! I didn`t think that could be the cause. but I`ll post later when all is discovered (I hope). THANK YOU for the imput, we`re gonna try it!!

Kiki,
You would definitely know if the blower was running . It produces a lot of hot air and it surely would have been very uncomfortable to stand close facing the front of the stove for any length of time.
Even on low you should be feeling plenty of air blowing out the front.

kikibear said:
.....Yeah, that thing makes alot of noise in SU or SD......

If I read your post right, the fan works on SU (startup) and SD (shutdown), but not inbetween....I think Gio and Amick are on to something.

OP sent me PM with phone number, i'll call tomorrow and iron this thing out. OP is right the unit should handle that space. one of us will post results im sure once i get a feel for whats happening. thanks for the input from the members.

macman said:
kikibear said:

If I read your post right, the fan works on SU (startup) and SD (shutdown), but not inbetween....I think Gio and Amick are on to something.

convection blower, or combustion blower? makes a noise (vibrating) only durring SU and/or SD. Durring burn time it is a pleasant, quiet humm. I think all the blowers sound like they are running that`s why all last season I didn`t know something was wrong until after reading here how much heat and many rooms were heated by all other pstoves?!

kikibear said:
macman said:
kikibear said:

convection blower, or combustion blower? makes a noise (vibrating) only durring SU and/or SD. Durring burn time it is a pleasant, quiet humm. I think all the blowers sound like they are running that`s why all last season I didn`t know something was wrong until after reading here how much heat and many rooms were heated by all other pstoves?!

has to be convection blower if one isnt running, if it was combustion blower the stove would not allow itself to run at all and give you an error 1 code. we can check each motor and blower in the stove individually with the diagnostic mode in the control board, i'll walk ya through it tomorrow over the phone , just button pushing to diagnose this as the possible issue

Status
Not open for further replies.