1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pellet Stove Help

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by penguins1, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    Definitely they do! Possibly get your hands on a new comb blower, switch it out and try it.......whats abt intake dampers being clogged or sticking as well?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. penguins1

penguins1 New Member

I know some of you mentioned about the ash in my stove. In some spots it is really dark and thick black and others it is lighter and more fine. Does this give me a hint at all?
  3. penguins1

penguins1 New Member

Changed out the two combustion blower gaskets last night. Seemed to be buring ok this morning. We will see how long it lasts before clogging.
  4. penguins1

penguins1 New Member

Well, got through about a day and a half without a clog, but then, it clogged yet again. I guess perhaps the combustion blower will be next. I guess $200 is cheaper than a new stove.
  5. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    So the gaskets made it to you OK?
    We have blowers in stock now. Well for at least now. depends on how many we sell this weeks.
  6. galen

galen New Member

Loc:
    NW Missouri
    I know this is a long shot but if I read this posting right, you have this stove flued up a chimney right? Is the stoves flue duct go all the way to the top? If not, this could cause a back pressure that doesn't allow the stove to burn right. Just a shot in the dark.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.