Pellet Stove Homework, help me out guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're heating with hot water already and you are going with a basement install, that's a perfect fit for a pellet boiler. You don't have to remove your current oil boiler. I have a pellet boiler in my basement and it's plumbed directly into the existing oil boiler. I can even run both at once if I have to - for instance if someone lets the pellet boiler run empty and the water temperature drops to 60 deg and the wife starts getting cold and you need to heat it up in a hurry.

@ gbreda, Great Works Biofuels is where I will be picking up my free ton of pellets. If next year I decide to become a 'PIG' I will def. have Dave deliver them, it's only 13 miles so Delivery isn't bad.

@ ScotL, It's a great idea but I'm not looking to spend that much money and burn pellets year around.

@ jtakeman, That was my only concerm with the Harman, the Enviro Maxx is like 435CFM (think that's pretty good..??) I will look into the others. The thing is finding a close enough, all in one dealer that I like.

@ silverfox103, I wish my 1st floor was an option.....She said NO! Happy wife=Happy life ;)

@ CT Pellet, MMMmmmmmm....I love cookies.

I'm in the minority here but that Happy wife=Happy Life stuff is BS. You should do what's best for the family in the long run. If you can't logisticly put it upstairs then that's one thing but if it's only asthetics, well that thing would be placed upstairs. Putting it in the basement will cost more time, headache and money. Those three things will cause more damage then some silly cliche.

You will fully regret putting it in the basement. That's my bet.

Got the Enviro Maxx-M home along with a ton of LG's, ordered a TrippLite surge protector (so I don't get into trouble with then Surge Protector police) got 2 ICC clean out T's, and now just waiting for the weather to be a bit better to get the stove in place so I can measure for the rest of the vent pipe I'll need for venting. Can't wait to get this hooked up and running :)

I bought a house similiar to the original poster (roughly 1,200 sqft Cape,second floor) a few months ago and it has a Harman P68 in the basement.

The house takes a while to heatup (3+ hours) going from 60 to 68. Once you are at temperature though, the stove maintains a nice temperature throughout the whole house.

I burn about 2 bags a day if running 24/7 at an average of 68 degrees.

The house takes a while to heatup (3+ hours) going from 60 to 68. Once you are at temperature though, the stove maintains a nice temperature throughout the whole house.

Thit is what I'm hoping for :)

Got the Enviro Maxx-M home along with a ton of LG's, ordered a TrippLite surge protector (so I don't get into trouble with then Surge Protector police) got 2 ICC clean out T's, and now just waiting for the weather to be a bit better to get the stove in place so I can measure for the rest of the vent pipe I'll need for venting. Can't wait to get this hooked up and running :)

And we can't wait to see the install pictures. With a nice fire going of coarse.

So what do you think of it?

So what do you think of it?

:( It's sitting in the box in my garage right now (but it's pretty, lol)until we can get it into the basement and the vent bought, but I do have pellets in the basement ready to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.