pellet stove hopper fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mom108

Jan 13, 2017
How does one put out a fire in the hopper? Too many power outages and auger must have blocked. Managed to get 1/2 of the bag out but had to quit to smoke. Not bad now. Unplugged, wrapped air vents over with tin foil but after 2 days can feel smoldering only in back electronic panel. Top and sides cool. Am done with this beautiful stove but just want to get the fire out. Still somewhat smoky in my house and my son dropped some water over this am made smoldering smoke restart a bit.. (Ecotec Veronica pellet stove)

How does one put out a fire in the hopper? Too many power outages and auger must have blocked. Managed to get 1/2 of the bag out but had to quit to smoke. Not bad now. Unplugged, wrapped air vents over with tin foil but after 2 days can feel smoldering only in back electronic panel. Top and sides cool. Am done with this beautiful stove but just want to get the fire out. Still somewhat smoky in my house and my son dropped some water over this am made smoldering smoke restart a bit.. (Ecotec Veronica pellet stove)
With the model I have I can easily remove pellets from hopper. If i couldnt access pellets from hopper for some reason i think my next move would be to put it on service mode to get the auger to spit out the remainder of the pellets into the fire pot so i could brush them out or vacuum them out with an ash vacuum. I could be wrong though maybe get some more opinion. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
You might be able to vacuum them out, depending on if you have a wood ash vacuum.

I'd disconnect the stove haul it outside to work on
Plug it in an let the auger pull the fire and pellets out
where you can remove with ease.
If you use water to get fire out vac. as soon as pos.
they will dry out and harden up . Then you have one
mother of a job to remove . Good Luck
I have refurbished 2 hopper fire stoves after the
pellet mud has dried. And a good time was had by all

Dang ..... I've had power outages but the feed stops, fans stop, and soon the fire is out. If power comes on within 2 hour or so, it'll take off .... otherwise it's a clean and restart.

Is this one a wire auger" type? Maybe that's the difference?

My Eco has a solid flight auger. Sounds like there is a issue with the pot not cleaning itself and building up pellets into feed drop tube. Not good. I sure would like to see a video of that fire as it should have some very sharp tongues and cycle up and down