Pellet stove iInstallation cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmh5996

Jan 11, 2010
pa
For those of you who paid to have your stove installed, what was the typical install cost? I am replacing my Englander with a Harman. They are going to deliver, install the stove and new vent piping but just curious what others have paid. They are talking around 500.00 to do this and I thought that seemed a little high since the hole is already in the wall.

How far do they have to travel? As part of the installation do they bring a bag of pellets, go thru the maintenance, operation, hook up the thermostat? If so, its a fair price

if you're handy a bit and depending on the install I'd do it myself specially if replacing one with another.

I was quoted various prices for my santa fe ranging all over and finally decided to tackle it myself (basement install) and did it myself, not rocket science but just follow manufacturer installation instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.