Q&A Pellet stove insert - Can I install an insert in to a wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I was searching through the Q&A questions and noticed one about installing a pellet stove pellet stove insert into a wall just using flame resistant material. The answer was yes, and then I was directed to contact the people at Travis Industries about the LOPI & Avalon brands. When I contacted one of the dealers in N.J. They told me no way. Who is right?? When I read the specs. It looks like I should be able to do so.

Answer:

It's possible both are right...then again.

Years ago, I specifically remember reading the manuals for a few different brands of pellet stoves where they suggested exactly the application you are talking about.

It is possible the dealer has not entirely read the manuals. It is also possible that the stove and manual have changed.

The only way to know for sure is to get your hands on some pellet stove manuals - start with Travis and Whitfield as they are two brands where I might have seen it in the manual.

(Note- 1/4/2004) : Further research has shown a number of Pellet Stoves that can be installed in this fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.