Pellet Stove Install in Progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Aug 19, 2008
Seacoast Massachusetts
Well, they showed up, and the install is progressing. They figured on the T going right on to the back of the stove inside, but the hopper on my P38 aint gonna let that happen by 2" so they're off to get a short piece so the stove clears the flue. They're waiting on the boss to show up with the part but I could potentially have a test fire shortly.
Figures this thing is installed on the warmest day of the week.

Pics to follow.
Eric

If its a new stove then it has to run for a few hours with windows open to get rid of the smell of the paint curing etc... so fire away! just got my stove installed a few weeks back, used it every day since, and cleaned it every other just to get used to the parts and stuff i think it will come in handy during the winter when i need to take it down for a quick cleaning :)

Its a two year old model, seemed like either I needed to go retro or pay the moron of an oil man I have for the winter.

Done. A quick test fire and it seems to run ok. The pellets that are in it are from last season so dont know if time/open air exposure effects them, also didnt run it too long,like 20 mins. On turbo it seems to push pellets in it quicker than they burn. Will know more when the temp drops this weekend I guess.

Can't imagine having time to post on here while an install is going on. Guess I'm just too "hands on". Best of luck with it.

My attic is so full of well full that there wasnt much to see.
In retrospect a chimp coulda done this, but they did do a good, professional install. Id recommend them.

Jester said:
snip......The pellets that are in it are from last season so dont know if time/open air exposure effects them, also didnt run it too long,like 20 mins.

Last seasons pellets are still in it?
IMO it might be a good idea to clean out that stove good and then mix those pellets
in with new ones to prevent any potential problems before this season gets going.
I would be concerned about them picking up moisture sitting in the stove all summer.

Jester said:
In retrospect a chimp coulda done this.....

Ya think? You'd be surprised how many "chimps" can
screw up an install.

Congrats but where are the pics? PICS are a requirement here. ;-P

Yep- I agree, pics are required....or it didn't happen ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.