Pellet Stove Install question??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if its 18" then I will be good. Perfect. Yes that is a fridge but I am in the middle of updating the kitchen so the fridge is being moved across the kitchen and will be flush mounted. So where the fridge is now will just be countertop and cabinet space. And yes I will be also installing the fresh air kit, the stove actually came with the kit as well. So will that news I should be good to go and hopefully this will be installed by the weekend!!!

Ok these should be my last questions before I install. Just want to make sure everything is in order one last time. I have the Simpson/Duravent chimney kit. I am doing a straight out horizontal install.

Do I even need the T-pipe, or do I just use the straight pipes from the back of the stove out through the wall thimble, make sure its out and away from the house about 18" and then put the cap on?

And in the manual it states to cut a 7.5" x 7.5" square through the house for the wall thimble, is that correct? I would think I would cut a circle to make it snug but manual says square. Thoughts?

Thanks...

i cut out the square and it worked fine. also i have my 25-pdvc installed in the living/dining room area and it heat the down stairs and the upstairs to within 6 deg. of each other.i just used a fan at the base of the stairs to move the cool air towards the stove

The square gives it space, air is insulation. It also states to frame 7.5 X 7.5 hole , I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.