Pellet stove install questions, double wall through the wall vent, outside air intake, horizontal ru

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
I just figured I'd drop by and ask the experts who don't venture out of the Hearth Room. Just got this Enviro Windsor stove and would like to ask the experts some questions about outside air intake pipe, can I use 2" EMT? The stove calls for 2" ID and it fits the description. Also worried about the proximity to a sofa (8") and the 5'2" horizontal run from the rear of the stove to the outside. Please check out my thread from the Pellet Mill for the pics of the stove and location.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/78438/P22/#971647

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 233
I have the same stove in white in the garage waiting for a rebuild, but haven't run it yet. These really are pellet stove questions that are best answered by folks that have experience with this stove.

FWIW, I don't see why 2" EMT wouldn't work as long as you can mate it to the stove air intake securely. I would also be concerned about the 8" clearance to the sofa, but it is the specified CTC.

Thanks BG, I have a thread over in the mill, just thought some people like Franks and others who have pellet experience as well as wood experience may have some answers here too! How old is yours?

I've forgotten, early 2000's is what I remember. I got it for free. Auger is jammed and they left it outside so I have rust in there too. If it is not an easy fix it may get scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.